Backups

Hello, I currently have 2.5.6 and am considering going back to 2.7. HDD space is an issue. I remember reading something about DCS backups, and I do have 60GB plus in 6 backups from the same date. The question is, will DCS run if I delete them?

Also, if it is ok to remove them, can I simply delete thee folders or is there some process that needs to be done

Thanks

Edited by Airwolf466

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

DCS doesn't have auto backups, so I'm assuming the backups you mentioned are ones you made? If that's so feel free to delete them.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

On 12/18/2022 at 7:52 PM, Airwolf466 said:

Hello, I currently have 2.5.6 and am considering going back to 2.7. HDD space is an issue. I remember reading something about DCS backups, and I do have 60GB plus in 6 backups from the same date. The question is, will DCS run if I delete them?

Also, if it is ok to remove them, can I simply delete thee folders or is there some process that needs to be done

Thanks

Best way to test whether or not DCS will run without them is to rename them or, better yet, just change the file suffix and start DCS. If it starts and runs fine, then you can delete them. I think the files you’re referring to are from either repairs or, perhaps, updates that save old files in case you wish to use them again.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.