Need help as co-pilot for Hind

BalticDude
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

I have a lot of questions about the Hind's copilot. I understand we now have a functional gunsight but I don't understand what the point is when I have no rudder control as the copilot, even if I was given control over the heli. Why does the copilot not have pedals? How is the copilot supposed to fly/emergency land the Hind if he can't control rudder left/right? Am I right to say that the copilot doesn't have rudder control, or is this specific to the mission editor's settings? If the copilot really don't have rudder control, then what's the point of having aircraft control and passing control back and forth between multicrew friends? Is there a functional reason to have the copilot have the gunsight if he can't properly aim the cannon due to no rudder? Lastly, is there a detailed guide on YouTube to explain the role of the copilot in the Hind in DCS?

Lastly, is there a tutorial for using the 12.7mm KORD gun with Track-IR and without for either the Hind or Hip? I tried it out with the Hind but it only followed where I was looking. I want to be able to use my mouse and also aim properly by using head movement. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Edited by BalticDude

Where did you get a notion that you don't have rudder if you are in control? By looking down to your feet and not seeing pedals?

You do get them once you take control, look at the walls and you'll see channel on each side with little pipes. These come out to act as pedals.

Or are you talking about something completely different?

3 minutes ago, admiki said:

Where did you get a notion that you don't have rudder if you are in control? By looking down to your feet and not seeing pedals?

You do get them once you take control, look at the walls and you'll see channel on each side with little pipes. These come out to act as pedals.

I will have to test it out once more and try and look at those channels you're talking about. When I took control of my friend's Hind as the co-pilot, I didn't have any rudder control and the Helicopter swung in the direction of the torque. I looked down and saw I don't have pedals so that must be why but I'm still unsure. You are saying Hind does have pedals as copilot? Is it like a lever you use with hands? I don't understand.

Edited by BalticDude

11 minutes ago, admiki said:

It turns out I had my pedals binded to the wrong axis for specifically only the co-pilot. That was my issue. Thanks! I still have the question about the KORD gunner though.

• Thanks 1

No, those channels are located by your feet. Make sure you actually do have rudder pedals binded to your controls.

Screenshot (265).png

2 minutes ago, BalticDude said:

It turns out I had my pedals binded to the wrong axis for specifically only the co-pilot. That was my issue. Thanks! I still have the question about the KORD gunner though.

OK, I never use gunner. I prefer to have rocket/gun pod instead of a gunner.

• Solution
10 hours ago, BalticDude said:

ALSO, when CPG takes control the pilot HAS TO TURN OFF the yaw autopilot. The yaw channel goes into heading hold of pedal microswitches are not pressed. And there are no microswitches in front seat. So this also probably caused your problems. Yaw AP off has to be part of transferring control to front seat procedure 

The CPG sight has two functions. Yes you can use it as a back up to fire guns and rockets. You will need to aim manually, but there are tables for that so it’s possible. 

It’s second, and only purpose in DCD that isn’t as a backup, is as your primary Bombing instrument. Since it can depress 30 degrees. And you have great view over nose in front, it is amazing for bombing up to about 200m. Beyond that altitude, you have bomb timers to delay release the correct time to hit targets under your nose. 

This is either described in the English translation of the Russian quick start guide. Or on the main page I have a thread title “Personal guides,” there is a weapon guide there that explains everything about bombing and includes tables for how to do it. 

In order to use door gunner with mouse aiming instead of track IR, press L Alt + T 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg