Mission 9 problems

arneh

I've enjoyed this campaign immensely, and not had any problems until mission 9. But there it took me 6 attempts until I could finish it. A couple of those times it was my fault, for damaging an overloaded helicopter on take off. But the other times it was bugs in the mission.

Several times the convoy just stops moving, soon after starting (while driving along the road next to the sea, just a minute after start). It appears some of the trucks initially starts going off road for a bit, and then the entire convoy stops and never starts again. It does not always happen, but has happened several times to me.

Another time I got much farther, but after destroying the mortars at the fire base nothing more happened. No messages about what to do next, or confirmation that they were destroyed, although I am pretty sure they all were. No one was firing at me, and according to TacView there were no units alive left.
On the final attempt where I finally did succeed, I did get message that that all the units were destroyed and return to base. Although that time I did not actually destroy them, or even fire on them, as I had taken hydraulic damage clipping a tree on take off and had enough problems staying in the air and make it back for an emergency landing at Andersen 😄

Hey thanks for the feedback. 

ground ai pathfinding is not very reliable in dcs.  If you can please post a track in the general ai bugs section so the devs can see it. 

the criteria for the mortar is to destroy x% of the mortar group. A well aimed rocket or two should already fo the trick. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Colonel Akir Nakesh said:

I got the convoy crashing into buildings plus the soldier walking into the rotor from the previous missions, but restarting the mission without doing anything else different seemed to get me by. I guess it's a dice roll! 

Thanks again for the great campaign!

Yeah it is a dice roll with the AI 😞 But I sent a simple track to ED so they are aware.