Wingman goes rogue in A-10C II missions with 2.8 stable

Warsaw
Go to solution Solved by Warsaw,

I downloaded v2.8 stable on 12-30-22 and now on single player A-10C II missions I previously created using v2.7, my A-a10C II wingman goes flying off into the sunset after destruction of an assigned target. The wingman verbally responds to my Rejoin or RTB commands, but flies away in a straight (and random) direction and constant altitude, eventually broadcasting bingo fuel and later ejecting. The same rogue action is occurring in missions with a flight of 3 or 4 A-10CII's. The issue occurs in both Nevada and Caucus missions. I created a new mission using v2.8 and same issues. Attached is a track file showing the phenomenon. I have written a DCS ticket (134823) but have not yet received any response, so not sure what is happening at DCS end and I decided to post here to see if anyone had any input.    

Wingman goes stupid again.trk

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

In reference to my rogue AI wingman post of January 6, i discovered my A-10CII AI wingman goes rouge when they are attacking a target with GBU-12 bombs. After target destruction using GBU-12s, they fly off in the direction of their last target run heading, eventually declaring bingo fuel and then declaring ejecting. I have tested the AI wingman using AGM-65D and MK-82 weapons and they perform as commanded (Rejoin, Anchor Here, RTB), so I have concluded it is a GBU-12 bug that has showed up in v2.8 stable that was not in v2.7. I will update my ticket 134823 with this new information. 

My wingman (regardless of aircraft) goes rogue on a good day.

The majority of my deaths on my profile are actually wingman effing me up deaths. 

-flys into me on final during F-15 missions probably acounts for a half dozen or so.
-Ka-50 missions landing on me (I guess that was his spot) has happend thrice.
-su-25 missions both take-off and landing incedents.

In fact, I'd probably have more deaths if my wingman made it through more missions as he frequently fly's half a mission and then ejects (probably out of fuel I guess).

I've learned not to depend on him at all and am usually surprised if he contributes to anything at all.

At the end of the day my biggest enemey in DCS has not been the enemy at all. Its my wingman.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

• 3 weeks later...

It's been my experience that when Wingmen are ordered to attack a target, irregardless of weapon used or target, they will typically fly far too low (unless instructed in Advanced Actions to attack from a specific altitude), get hit by some form of anti-air threat, subsequently call "Bingo" (due to the damage causing fuel leakage), and then declare "ejection".

Edited by King39

47 minutes ago, King39 said:

It's been my experience that when Wingmen are ordered to attack a target, irregardless of weapon used or target, they will typically fly far too low (unless instructed in Advanced Actions to attack from a specific altitude), get hit by some form of anti-air threat, subsequently call "Bingo" (due to the damage causing fuel leakage), and then declare "ejection".

Sounds about right... in fact this is the best scenario as in the off chance your wingman survives.... he tries to kill you on approach. My latest was a Ka-50 wingman who landed on top of me after I was half through a power down. I guess that was his spot. He could have just asked me to move.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

On 1/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, Warsaw said:

I downloaded v2.8 stable on 12-30-22 and now on single player A-10C II missions I previously created using v2.7, my A-a10C II wingman goes flying off into the sunset after destruction of an assigned target. The wingman verbally responds to my Rejoin or RTB commands, but flies away in a straight (and random) direction and constant altitude, eventually broadcasting bingo fuel and later ejecting. The same rogue action is occurring in missions with a flight of 3 or 4 A-10CII's. The issue occurs in both Nevada and Caucus missions. I created a new mission using v2.8 and same issues. Attached is a track file showing the phenomenon. I have written a DCS ticket (134823) but have not yet received any response, so not sure what is happening at DCS end and I decided to post here to see if anyone had any input.    

Wingman goes stupid again.trk 9.09 MB · 7 downloads

About the same problem I also informed on the forum everyone who can see and solve this problem of strange and unreliable AI Wingman.it's good that I'm not the only one who noticed this problem.My winger for example crashes when using the GBU-54 or GBU-38:Example 3: If it stays and hits the last target from the group, then after finishing the direction and does not join the formation to return home....

Edited by Dragan