Alternative for a Homebuilt Cockpit

I don't want to hold back this video any longer -even if the whole "Multi Monitor Touchscreen Tutorial" isn't finished up to now:

th_angulate.jpg

Overview Part1

Overview Part2

(don't miss to check "watch in HD")

If Eagle Dynamics keeps on to make us happy with such wonderful simulations like Black Shark, this set-up should be very future proof for upcoming vehicles.

Edit: After watching the vids myself the first time on youtube- I noticed that the video is a little "jumpy" when choosing the HD option.

But I can assure you that this has something to do with re-decoding of the vids for youtube.

DCS runs on my system with almost stable 30FPS in urban areas.

Edited by urze

Thanks for the vids, nice setup!

What graphic-cards do you use, I take it you have two?

And what fps do you get in-game?

I'm running a single triplehead2go on a HD4870(512MB), and can only get around 20-25 fps @ 3840*1024, that's a bit dissapointing..

Thanks!

Thanks urze. Ihave 3 screens right now (19") and a 15" touchscreen monitor. Your videos really inspire me to keep building! I can't wait to get the collective and extension I have ordered from you. Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

Hey Urze.. I have a cougar and while I love the idea of an extension for the handle.. I was wondering if you could make something a little more in keeping with a traditional helicopter cyclic....maybe not quite this bendy.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_pitch

but you get the idea... I'm wanting to put my cougar under my seat ( or close to under ) but have the cyclic more "in my lap"....

Thoughts?

BTW.. if it's not feasible for you to make one... can you tell me where you got the locking nut and screw assembly for the base of the grip and I can give it a shot on making one myself....

Edited by Cezar11

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

What graphic-cards do you use, I take it you have two?

And what fps do you get in-game?

I'm using in the video one (!) 8800GT and two Matrox TH2GO units and get 30+ FPS.

Settings:th_Scr_09-02-02_06-18-19.jpg

It works for the simulation also with SoftTh 1.09 but than I need 3 graphic cards and than I get frames from 20 to 30.

Great video Urze! Did you say that the touch screen is a 17" monitor?

Yes, thats right.

Overall resolution: 3840 x 2048 px

,-------,,-------,,-------,

l..19...ll..22....ll..19...l

'-------''--------''-------'

. ,-----,,------,,-----,

. l.15..ll..17..ll.15..l

. '-----''-------''-----'

...............^Touch screen

th_untitled-14.jpg

(Screen#2 is 1024x768 and #3 is a thing I will write about later :music_whistling:)

Edited by urze

30 fps with a single 8800gt and 3840 x 2048? wow!

I can only get around 20fps with a single Th2go (3840*1024, fullscreen mode) on an overclocked HD4870(512MB), q6600 (no oc) and 4GB ram running xp.

20fps is on the limit of being unplayable, but i'm not able to squeeze more frames out of my setup.

I'm running the exact same settings as you in-game, except i have cockpit set to 1024. I'll try to lower that one.

Are you running Vista and affinity-fix perhaps?

Thanks,

T

Ok - To be Honest:

There are one or two "secrets" to get this done (That leads to the fact that I get better FPS wit 6screens than with 3 :shocking:!!!!)- But I will uncover them in the upcoming tutorial when it's time.

And I'm running XP.

And again: It's more a question of CPU power than of the used GPU in BlackShark.

Every modern GPU (8800GT and up) should be capable to handel a set-up like mine easily!

Edited by urze

• 3 months later...
Guest sftjioh

Still waiting

"But I will uncover them in the upcoming tutorial when it's time." ....

please .... I really want to have a setup like you...

//Jimmy

Fantastic Urze.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2