Datalink Shared Target

Paladin1cd
Go to solution Solved by TheBigTatanka,

• Solution

You can either hook the new point on the HSD, but what might be more reliable is to enter the steer point for the data you received. For example, if the message on the HUD says Data 500, you would go to steer point 500.

Now, the important thing to know is that with whichever method you choose, you need to cursor zero, otherwise the delta from your last steerpoint will be there, and you'll be looking off into some random direction.

Attack!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Paladin,

You're describing the mech as i recall for the HSD. I haven't tried it in a while, but it used to work. I do remember though, that you still have to cursor zero. And it will change your current steer point to the data steerpoint when you hook it.

Best,

Tatanka

• Like 1

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

16 hours ago, Paladin1cd said:

Thanks! How do you hook it? Make the HSD SOI and then TMS UP on the cross? It didn’t work for me. And I honestly didn’t realize the point was dropped in as a SP that is super useful! Thank you.

No, he means that after you select your steerpoint, if you want to make sure to aim you TGP on it, select it as SOI and press TMS down once or twice.  You may also be able to hit the OSB button next to CZ.

Not what he said, he said I can hook it on the HSD, which I also thought we could do. Might be thinking of the A10, but and maybe he’s thinking that way too. BigTatanka I tried and I think it’s just not set up for it. Has me curious if it’s not supposed to be or if there is a HOTAS way of going straight to it the waypoint. 

Thanks all! I think it’s steerpoint for now and that helps me a lot. Good stuff. 

I'm pretty sure we used to be able to hook datalink points on the HSD. I remember doing it, and i haven't flown the A-10 since 2012, so if must have been in the viper. Perhaps it was removed with a recent patch. I'll try it when I'm home and have someone to fly with.

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Wiggo said:

Do  I understand correctly that when recieving targets / spi´s whatever from my wingman, i dont have to do anything after recieving the "message"...? (does the reciever have to press something to accept what is sent..?)

You don't have to accept anything, it will just magically appear in your aircraft as the steerpoint indicated on your HUD. One thing you can do though is to press the WARN RESET switch on the ICP to get rid of that message if you think it gets in the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

20 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

You don't have to accept anything, it will just magically appear in your aircraft as the steerpoint indicated on your HUD. One thing you can do though is to press the WARN RESET switch on the ICP to get rid of that message if you think it gets in the way.

Ok. Thanks!