Motion Platforms with DCS

LowGlow

Well, I just assembled my DOF Reality P3 a few days ago and have been configuring it, balancing it, testing it and tweaking the software settings. Building it was actually the easy part. These things are not simply plug and play and do require a lot of tinkering, modification and trial and error, but that first flight? Wow.  I'm still pulling my thoughts together. Adding a physical dimension to virtual simming is something entirely new to my senses. It is definitely going to take some getting used to and it is going to take some time to learn the SRS software in order to tweak the settings properly to balance the most authentic and yet comfortable motion experience.

Just as VR was a huge leap over trackIR, the DOF motion rig is another giant leap forward for me.

It is another essential step in the never-ending pursuit of the most authentic flight experience available from the comfort of my home.

341767460_9150477408328160_6550574857304

Edited by Jarhead0331
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Never understood having a moving seat yet having the displays/monitors stationary. Seems like it would be even more unrealistic. 

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

• 9 months later...