F-5E simpit cockpit dimensions and flight controls

Bucic

7 hours ago, Madpie said:

After much mucking around I think the t-38 measurements and the f-5 in game are completely out of whack.

I also tried making the centre panels 146mm wide

and also using your figure of 1 inch between the switches (so I did 6 inches for 6 switches)
None of it really worked out properly

Yeah, the 1" spacing is solid. I can provide some more precise dims tomorrow after the shift. For now

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/318106-f-5e-simpit-cockpit-dimensions-and-flight-controls/?do=findComment&comment=5376913

RL vs sim significant discrepancies - that is known. T-38 vs sim or vs RL F-5E hard to tell. For the purpose of my project I assume almost nothing matches between T-38 and F-5E apart from standardised avionic dimensions.

I did some measuring in fusion but his numbers don't correlate with the known panel width of 146.05mm

His outer width of the ejection seat should be 128.35*4.2= 539.07mm but if I calibrate the canvas to the panels in fusion (146.05) the width becomes 605mm

Also with your armament toggles being an inch apart it should be 6x25.4=152.4mm but i get 165 calibrated

I really just came here to find the width of the rudder pedals because I'm wondering if I made them for a p-47 (24 inches wide) would they be too big to play if I put f-5 panels on the pit. I think belsimtek might have just eyeballed a bunch of stuff when making this model back in the day so all the measurements are off. Hopefully we can get more accurate irl measurements in the future.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 093249.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 102225.png

A seat is getting sold on etsy from and f-5 

nullhttps://www.etsy.com/listing/1070590658/f-5-ejection-seat-freedom-fighter

They say the seat width (im assuming padding) is 43cm which aligns with the canvas when calibrated to the radio width. I tried to email them on their website to see if they could share dimensions but it bounced back. Maybe someone with an etsy account could ask them (long shot I know)

Otherwise does anyone have 25 grand?

image.png

The scale mate guy kindly got back in touch with me and said only his L39 seat is 1 to 1 because he got to measure it up irl. The f-5 one is scaled up from a model measurement.

The weapons panel. Please mind it's a revision different from most you see on the internet.

Max height 123.2 mm

thickness 6.35 mm

max width from the left corner to the right edge 336 mm

209 mm is the horizontal distance between one of the pairs of the mounting holes