More slots on Tarawa/Invincible

slyvenne

Hello,

Currently, the LHA-1 Tarawa (and invincible) enables to use simultaneously 4 slots for helicopters.

Can you please please enable to use the other slots?

My team is dedicated to helicopter with some support from av8b. With almost 20 pilots per mission, that requires too much ships.

Thanks for your help and your great job.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

man I'd love to fly with you 😉

on your point, in the Razbam discord, memebrs have shown that it would be a "simple" LUA edit and is possible to put more spawn spots on the Tarawa, but thus far RZBM has yet to actually commit to making changes.

• Like 1

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

On 2/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, Thanatos31 said:

man I'd love to fly with you 😉

on your point, in the Razbam discord, memebrs have shown that it would be a "simple" LUA edit and is possible to put more spawn spots on the Tarawa, but thus far RZBM has yet to actually commit to making changes.

Is it a lua to add in the mission editor?

• 3 months later...

I seem to be having an issue with Helo's on the Tarawa, regardless of what starting position I pick I always start right off the bow at Ramp Position #1, I dunno if this is a known bug? Maybe I have too many assets on the deck but none of them are on the other parking spots. BUt I 100% agree, lets get the full 7 or 8 parking zones usable!!!

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gunnar81 said:

I seem to be having an issue with Helo's on the Tarawa, regardless of what starting position I pick I always start right off the bow at Ramp Position #1, I dunno if this is a known bug? Maybe I have too many assets on the deck but none of them are on the other parking spots. BUt I 100% agree, lets get the full 7 or 8 parking zones usable!!!

Just wanted to bump this one. Has anyone else encountered this bug? Helo's only start at the bow of the ship and same with a hot start Harrier.

My AV-8s will start at the back starboard with a hot start, are you using hot start on the ramp or start from the runway? Helicopters always go from position 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and then 8 if they're late activated, regardless of hot or cold. 1, 3, and 3A only get used for helicopters if a unit or slot is occupied at mission start. The Invincible has less space but generally follows this same arrangement.

The Forrestal offers maximum flexibility in this regard as it can handle up to 12 hot/cold started helicopters, 16 if 4 are initialized at start.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Currently, there's no way to specify where a helicopter or appropriate fixed wing aircraft start on the LHA-1. The only way I know of is via group ID; that is to say, the lower the group's ID, the first in the stack. So if you've placed a group of 4 UH-1H on the deck, then 4 AH-1W, the UH-1H will be at the first four spots, then the AH-1W will be at the last four. The only ways around this would be to late activate groups, use addgroup to fill spots, or use static objects to block off the first series of spots.

Full deck with UH-1H at start and player controlled with AI AH-64D, followed by 4 cold started AI AV-8:

Screen_231107_172810.jpg

4 player controlled AV-8 with AI wingmen, runway start, with 4 AV-8 cold start:

Screen_231107_173209.jpg

Late start player AH-64D with cold start AV-8 at the back (only two more spots available with this arrangement)

Screen_231107_173323.jpg

Order of operation: 1A & 1B only used if group is present at mission start; these are used by the first and second group units. 1C through 6 are then used for every unit/group afterward in descending priority. 1R through 4R are only utilized for AV-8 runway starts. A1 through A4 are utilized for all AV-8 ramp starts, hot or cold. Position "3A" is never used at any time.

tar_deck_arrange.jpg

Additional example: blocking off 1B via static objects, filling remaining spots with 2xUH-1H, 1xMi-8, 4xAV-8

Screen_231107_181945.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Currently, there's no way to specify where a helicopter or appropriate fixed wing aircraft start on the LHA-1. The only way I know of is via group ID; that is to say, the lower the group's ID, the first in the stack. So if you've placed a group of 4 UH-1H on the deck, then 4 AH-1W, the UH-1H will be at the first four spots, then the AH-1W will be at the last four. The only ways around this would be to late activate groups, use addgroup to fill spots, or use static objects to block off the first series of spots.

Full deck with UH-1H at start and player controlled with AI AH-64D, followed by 4 cold started AI AV-8:

Screen_231107_172810.jpg

4 player controlled AV-8 with AI wingmen, runway start, with 4 AV-8 cold start:

Screen_231107_173209.jpg

Late start player AH-64D with cold start AV-8 at the back (only two more spots available with this arrangement)

Screen_231107_173323.jpg

Order of operation: 1A & 1B only used if group is present at mission start; these are used by the first and second group units. 1C through 6 are then used for every unit/group afterward in descending priority. 1R through 4R are only utilized for AV-8 runway starts. A1 through A4 are utilized for all AV-8 ramp starts, hot or cold. Position "3A" is never used at any time.

tar_deck_arrange.jpg

Additional example: blocking off 1B via static objects, filling remaining spots with 2xUH-1H, 1xMi-8, 4xAV-8

Screen_231107_181945.jpg

Outstanding reply, thanks a bunch. Too bad we don't have a more straightforward method using the parking slot commands but this works!

• Like 1