Additional Rotary Recommendation ?

Wrecking Crew

I have the Thrustmaster HOTAS.  I want an additional rotary control to go with my throttle, for antenna elevation.

Any recommendations?

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:01 PM, Antix70 said:

Thank you.  I ordered one of these

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 8:01 PM, Antix70 said:

This is installed.  It is a nice addition to my Warthog Throttle.  

It is a 3 switch control - rotate up or down, and a z-axis (push) switch.  Each press is a momentary switch action. 

PXL_20230404_225826744.jpg

Edited by Wrecking Crew
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 12:16 AM, rob10 said:

I have this which is a lot of bang for the buck in terms of extra switches/rotaries.  Not sure it (or anything similar) is a great option for antenna elevation simply because you're going to have to reach for it.

https://www.laptime.nl/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product&id_lang=1

Thanks a lot for posting this! That's really an incredible little device and a superb bang for the bug! 👍🏻😀

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 9:09 PM, Wrecking Crew said:

This is installed.  It is a nice addition to my Warthog Throttle.  

It is a 3 switch control - rotate up or down, and a z-axis (push) switch.  Each press is a momentary switch action. 

PXL_20230404_225826744.jpg

how do you like it so far?? worth the 80 us??

Edited by Jeb

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

3 hours ago, Jeb said:

how do you like it so far?? worth the 80 us??

It's pretty nice.  It fits well and feels solid.  I set it for countermeasures in the A-10C,, waiting for the F-15E with hopes it will give me that extra control.

21 hours ago, Wrecking Crew said:

It's pretty nice.  It fits well and feels solid.  I set it for countermeasures in the A-10C,, waiting for the F-15E with hopes it will give me that extra control.

have you ever used it in the hornet, or f16?? 

I have the orion 2 (hornet)  and just picked up a warthog throttle so I can have 1 to 1 controls, hope the f15 is all the hype and the warthog throttle will need this mod

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

I do not fly single engine jets, sooo, no F-16  😉

I have the Hornet but prefer the payload and time on station capabilities of the Warthog.  The Thrustmaster Warthog throttle sure could use another rotary, as I would like to have it for the current F-15C.  I'm sure this cubesim unit will help with the F-15E.

As for worth the $80...  I'd recommend that folks combine their orders into one to avoid that steep extra charge that gets applied from ordering just one at a time.  This is what it is packaged in, and that came in a cardboard box about the size of half a loaf of bread...

PXL_20230427_151954575.jpg