Suddenly pitch when trim

X_legio

What kind of stick trimmer mode are you using? It is under aircraft special options tab where you select your cockpit language.

The helicopter trimming mechanism will change the joystick nature position when trimming,so it is not suitable for most flight sim joystick,where there is a spring to push the joystick to the only nature position.

There are some in-game solutions, aka "stick trimmer mode"

If you are using the default instant trim mode,when you push and release the trimming button,the last position of your in-game virtual stick will become the nature position of your physical joystick.

So if you don't what that sudden pitch/roll when trimming,you need to immediately return your physical joystick back to the nature position right after you releasing the trimming button.If you don't do this,the nature position will change to your last input value and you are still inputting the same pitch/roll command, your input will be doubled.

If you are using the central position trimming mode,most thing is still the same as instant trim mode,but after your trimming button is released,your joystick will ignore any further input until your physical joystick return to nature. This can help you avoid that sudden pitch/roll jump.But the problem is if you don't return it to center,everything will be ignored,sometimes may lead to crash when you are flying NOE

And there is also another option so you can remove your spring on the joystick and make it works like the real heli cyclic stick.

Also something specific to the Ka50 (and maybe also the Apache),on the Ka50,the trimming is linked to autopilot/SAS system,when you releasing the trim button,it will change the "attitude/heading/speedauto-hover position" reference of autopilot holding functions to your aircraft current "attitude/heading/speed/auto-hover position".

If you forget to turn off some of the holding system,(auto-hover in most cases),after you release the trimming button,you input a new hover position right below you,if you are moving forward then, the autopilot may pitch up to counter that forward movement.

Hope these can help.

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

• 1 month later...

Hi, still having this problem, when i take off and reach the  correct pitch when I use the trim the KA pitch down very strong even if I bring the axis suddenly on the centre.

I use the interface to see the position of the axis and is very clear the situation.

It's possible that I am the only one ?

• 11 months later...

This is what instant trim does. It trims instantly and any remaining stick input is added on top. If you don´t center your stick INSTANTLY after trimming, your helicopter will pitch violently.

There is a way around this: Use the Re-Center trim setting (under special options). This will ignore any stick input after trimming until the stick is returned to the center position.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY: Don´t steer and then trim! Instead, always press and hold the trim button while moving the stick and then release it when you are done. Never move the stick without holding down the trim. This way, the shark flies smoothly and will not pitch over anymore.

• Like 1