TPOD automagically shows real coordinates

Ahmed

Hi,

When feeding wrong coordinates into the INS, the TPOD still displays the correct world coordinates of the point being looked at.

In the attached track, the INS position is updated to induce the error (a separate bug in that process can be noted too), but the TPOD coordinates still show the correct world coordinates.

coords.trk

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi Ahmed, 

we are considering adding more errors / calculations to the INS in the future but for now we will mark as wish list. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY, we are not talking of adding errors or drift here. We are talking that the aircraft thinks it is at N 00 E 00, while the TPOD shows the real coordinates of the point being aimed. It is not generating the coordinates relative to the aircraft's INS, based on Azimuth and Elevation, but it is just cheating and showing the absolute world coordinates instead. That's a bug and a development shortcut, not a new feature to add.

• Like 2

• ED Team
37 minutes ago, Ahmed said:

@BIGNEWY, we are not talking of adding errors or drift here. We are talking that the aircraft thinks it is at N 00 E 00, while the TPOD shows the real coordinates of the point being aimed. It is not generating the coordinates relative to the aircraft's INS, based on Azimuth and Elevation, but it is just cheating and showing the absolute world coordinates instead. That's a bug and a development shortcut, not a new feature to add.

yes we understand, there is no error showing when the INS is incorrect, the Tpod still knows where it is pointing. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2