Stuck at Mission 7, Run 2

So I made it to this point, and we are doing the 2vs2.

First run is fine, no problems there. But my problems start with run 2:

So I´m in the merge with a F5, which is still very hard to spot in VR and finally manage to kill it. but wait, now I have to kill the bandit from my lead as well... So, where are you?

No clue where they went, and my RIO keeps calling the bandit I just killed. So all of a sudden its Spudknocker announcing "That´s a kill on 1-2" Great.

I have tried this now over and over agein (think I spend 5hrs right now only for run 2) but I can´t seem to make it.

Main problems are:

- F5 very hard to spot in VR

- Paco doesn´t tell where he is at when asking for support

- Therefore can´t spot the second bandit (TID in Ground stabilize doesnt help, no AWACS)

- RIO calls out the already killed bandit, so he sends you in the wrong direction

Worst thing: I can´t proceed to the next task, I have to pass this to be able to move one. I really like this campaign, but this mission is destroying my motivation for DCS...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

51 minutes ago, Viking 1-1 said:

Main problems are:

- F5 very hard to spot in VR

- Paco doesn´t tell where he is at when asking for support

- Therefore can´t spot the second bandit (TID in Ground stabilize doesnt help, no AWACS)

- RIO calls out the already killed bandit, so he sends you in the wrong direction

- nothing I can do about visibility.  Use dot labels - I use them too. F-5s are hard to spot in real life as well  

- Paco can be a million different places relative to the player when the player kills the bandit. I can’t possibly set up a voice over for something so dynamic.

- bottom line is: SA. A wingman should always know where his lead is. If you don’t, plug in the blowers and bug out, get some separation to assess the situation then turn back  

I understand your frustration but none of what you listed has anything to do with the mission itself, nor can they be addressed within the editor. Think about your tactics, assess the situation. Paco was to your south when you merged so that’s probably where the bandit will be. Depending on where you went during the bfm with the first bandit. 

Edited by Reflected

Copy 

Didn't complain about the mission design. Just ranting because it had to go somewhere.

Now I went for a run, feeling better already. Next try I will try the separation, and try to re-engage from further out 

Yes, I should know where my lead is, but be honest: You hardly can keep to track of your lead while you are engaged in a merge.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

- nothing I can do about visibility.  Use dot labels - I use them too. F-5s are hard to spot in real life as well  

- Paco can be a million different places relative to the player when the player kills the bandit. I can’t possibly set up a voice over for something so dynamic.

- bottom line is: SA. A wingman should always know where his lead is. If you don’t, plug in the blowers and bug out, get some separation to assess the situation then turn back  

I understand your frustration but none of what you listed has anything to do with the mission itself, nor can they be addressed within the editor. Think about your tactics, assess the situation. Paco was to your south when you merged so that’s probably where the bandit will be. Depending on where you went during the bfm with the first bandit. 

I finally made it. Should go for a run more often...

This time I was pretty lucky, since when Paco called they were up in the contrails, so it was pretty easy to get the second bandit down.

But all in all it was hard work. Very hard work...

• Like 1