MPDs button colors - Visual Aid for use with Hardware MFDs

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I wanted to change the color of some button-dots. This is to make coordination between the 6 MPD buttons in the Helo more easy with 5 Button MFDs (in my case WinWing).

I was successfully able to change these but only if I put it into the core folder of DCS Mods/aircraft/AH-64D/Cockpit/Textures but with this the integrity check fails. Not good as I want to use it online.

I tried it also via the Saved Games liveries folder Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries  - here I created a folder named "Cockpit_AH-64D" and inside this "default" where I put the modded .dds file in. (I did it this way because I read somewhere that cockpit liveries only work with "default") 

But this did not work at all...

Has anyone an idea how to do this? I want to recolour the dot on the buttons 31, 37, 41, 45 and 3, 9, 14, 17  because these are the middle buttons in each row on my hardware MFDs, and this way I can more easily find the right button to push.

Thank you!

Helo Numbering.png

PS Numbering.png

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• Rhinozherous changed the title to MPDs button colors - Visual Aid for use with Hardware MFDs