Fox 3 supra matra530D

rooster328

Here is a Tacview showing a 530D being launched by an AI and tracking and hitting it's player target despite the launch aircraft breaking lock and even firing 2 other Fox 2's after the intial missile.

So is the 530D actually a Fox 3 and not a SARH?  Is this a bug?

If the A-10 is jamming, the missile will home on jam. This is the most common explanation for this behavior.

Side note, the M2000C can launch fox2 while keeping a lock (but here it's pretty obvious the target it outside radar gimbal limits anyway)

• Like 1

From what I understand, the 530 will also continue to fly on its assigned path until it self-destructs even after the launching AC loses lock. If the missile happens to fly close to a target, it will trigger the proximity fuze. Looking at the track, this may also be what happened.

I have been doing a lot of AA combat with the M2000 lately and have still not seen one instance of the 530 hitting a target after I lose lock, so it would seem to be a pretty rare occurence.

There are other missiles having the same capability in DCS. It is indeed a very good habit to turn off your jammer when engaged by a missile.

Side note, the M2000C jammer does automatically perform standby cycles when the RWR detects an incoming missile and goes silent for a limited time afterwards, in order to try defeating HoJ (unless the jammer is forced on by the throttle button)

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 5