Help - Stuck at step 1 of startup guide

p1t1o

The startup procedure in Chuck's guide has step 1: communicate with ground crew, press "TRAD" button.

This does not appear to work, literally nothing happens.

"TRAD" button is clickable, it animates and theres a click, but no effect.

Example setup:

Clean Caucasus map, single Viggen set to ramp start at Mozdok. Nothing else, thats all.

"\" has no effect, comms menu doesnt appear.

"Trad" has no effect, comms menu does not appear.

In any other mission, any other plane, comms menu works as advertised.

Yes Ive tried with easy radio and without, but menu not appearing at all. Tried with cockpit open and closed.

Cockpit is clickable, other controls work.

The main thing is cant talk to ground crew (or anyone) so cant request ground power.

Yeah I can get in the air but this aint working.

Cant even seem to find a similar problem with various google searches.

If I open a Hornet mission, or create a simple mission as above with Hornet, comms works as advertised.

???????????????????????????????????????????

Please Help!

Edited by p1t1o

Update - if I go into AJS37 control settings and open the item for the comms menu (where it shows "\" as the key) and attempt to re-bind the "\" key, it now shows that I have 2 keys bound to the comms menu: "\" and "OEM102"

Now in-mission, the "\" key does open the comms menu.

However, "Trad" cockpit button still has no effect.

Note again that yesterday I was playing in the Hornet with functioning comms without needing to rebind anything, control entry for comms menu was just "\"

??????????

The TRAD button is clickable, but seems to be bugged ... I hadnt noticed because I never use it, as I have the "\" binded on a Hotas button. However, the \ menu works for me as usual.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB