Question to Deka about Liveries

Aqil Huseynov

• Aqil Huseynov changed the title to Question to Deka about Liveries

Yep, I do have quite a few questions about the implementation of the new liveries, will additional liveries be considered from the community? Does the release of new liveries mean an official template is on the horizon soon? was the unwrapping changed? (making the unofficial template obsolete), and what were the updates done to the external textures as reported in the changelog?

• Like 1

checked with our artist, and got below answers

1. there will be more than 10 new liveries added in the following 2 or 3 updates. Most of them are fictional

2. To better manage the livery and control the quality, our artist would like alternative solution:

community players submit their own design pictures, and our artist choose good design and make the livery (credit still to original designer)

3. once all liveries (in 1) added to DCS, template will be released together

4. uvw no change, and will not have big change in future. So existing customized liv should still work

5. texture updates include: improved skin and metal texture, fixed some bugs

• Like 11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

4 hours ago, uboats said:

1. there will be more than 10 new liveries added in the following 2 or 3 updates. Most of them are fictional

2. To better manage the livery and control the quality, our artist would like alternative solution:

community players submit their own design pictures, and our artist choose good design and make the livery (credit still to original designer)

4. uvw no change, and will not have big change in future. So existing customized liv should still work

It's a shame to hear community liveries won't be accepted, but I'm glad people will be able to at least make suggestions. also glad there isn't a UV change since that would break the dozen or so liveries I've already made 😅.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, uboats said:

Thanks. I will still update and re-share the livery, but a advice from me if you are going to add anyone's livery please write their name in lua.

Edited by Aqil Huseynov

11 hours ago, Aqil Huseynov said:

but a advice from me if you are going to add anyone's livery please write their name in lua.

definitely. and that's what i said (credit to the original designer/author)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 3/11/2023 at 6:13 PM, Бойовий Сокіл said:

What about Nigerian liveries since those are actually real? I see Myanmar is already been added. 

I'm sure deka will eventually add them considering they're the few non-fictional liveries out there, but in the mean time I've already made my own version which you could find on the Userfiles if you're interested: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317866/

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:47 PM, Aqil Huseynov said:

We saw that some liveries have been added with the new patch, this is good, any information on what will happen next?. will there be fictional liveries?, cuz I want to fix the old livery.

Is this the open beta patch? No new liveries in the latest stable patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Go to mission editor, spawn JF-17, select Combined Joint Task Force Blue or Red as country, go to loadout and you can check out all liveries there.

If you have any that you like in particular you can edit their description.lua to remove country limitations, it doesn't break IC

• Thanks 1