Motion Rigs for flying - dof reality h3 vs others or none at all (vr) and chairs

theskyisthelimit99

Curious if anyone here happens to have the dof reality h2 or h3 setup.  Im having a hard time figuring out what inexpensive seat could be used with it that supports arm rests /attachments.

I will use this mainly for MSFS but also dcs.

Im seeing altering opinions on whether motion adds any realism or maybe it depends on the type, ie: actuators style vs others?

VR flight sim guy loves his h2 dof and he has real world experience, while others out there might comment that the way the motion rig throws you around isnt realistic at all?

Any thoughts and input on the dof h3, or is there a better system at that pricepoint ($3200 with upgraded motors shipped)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the P3, but I am new to it. Just finished initial assembly last week.  When it works as I expect it to, its amazing. However, these things are not plug and play and require a lot of tweaking, modification and trial and error. They come with no real instructions and the videos on youtube for assembly, while generally good, leave some very important questions unanswered and some steps unclear. Even so, assembly is the easy part. It is the balancing and setting up with the software that is really the difficult and sometimes frustrating part. if you can accept this, they are great. i disagree with the last poster that H2 with pitch and roll is enough for flight. You at least want 3 DOF...pitch, roll and yeah. Some will argue the 6 DOF rigs are even better for flight...they add heave, sway and a combination of all axis to the mix. Overall, I'm happy with the 3 DOF for now, but it is nice that they can be upgraded later on.

Edited by Jarhead0331