Significant FPS drop and stutter in MT VR

Do you use AMD cpu? 

AMD 5800X3D, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360, Gigabyte Aourus RX 6900XT Xtreme Waterforce @ 2800MHz @55*Celcius, Gigabyte B550 Aourus Pro V2, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z-Neo DDR4 3600MHz, 2x1TB WD Black SN850, Oculus Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

@NineLineI get negligible improvement in VR (G2, 3090, 32gb ram amd ryzen 9 5900x) But MT improvement is significant in 2D. (I've already reported this and uploaded logs etc in discord and forum).
I'm interested to know if ED are aware of this VR-specific issue, and if it's related to AMD CPUs? I'm assuming VR will also see significant gains with MT at some point down the line? Many thanks. 

One weird thing that I noticed is that even though the cockpit flood lighting [still] does not work - at least in the Harrier, which I'm testing now - is that performance drops massively when I turn on the flood lights. You can't see the lights but there's a huge stutter introduced when I turn the dial to have the lights on.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

I also have a drop in fps and or added stutters with VR using MT versus singe thread. I'm testing on 5800x3d, 4090, win 11 latest updates, 32gb ram, reverb g2 using current openxr library updates .

Tested with HAGS on/off and game more on/off

Edited by Dogmanbird

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen the same thing. I tested earlier today by putting together a mission on the new Normandy map, with 12 warbirds per side for a total of 24, spaced far enough apart that the two sides are out of visual range of each other. I fly in VR using OpenXR with motion reprojection forced on, and mostly low/off settings in DCS.  

In MT, I get 22-24 fps and things stutter badly when I roll repeatedly 360 degrees while looking at the ground. Previously in MT, OpenXR, and with motion reprojection forced on this was almost smooth as glass. 

Testing the same mission in ST was a bit better - I was locked to 30 fps while not rolling, and at about 26 fps while rolling, but it was also very noticeably smoother, less stuttering. It's bad enough right now in MT that I can pretty much forget about dogfighting.  It's almost impossible to maintain visual contact if the line of sight has the bandit between me and the ground. 

I'm sure it will be fixed (hopefully soon!). I just wanted to report my experience. 

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant