MT: Core 1 maxes out in main menu

I have 3950x and exactly the same behavior. My best core first thread cpu0 is always 100% since the game load. Mainmenu or or game play. Only time it slows down is when mission is loading or when I take off the VR and gpu stops rendering. 

If game is producing frames that thread is 100%.

• 1 month later...

@BIGNEWY
From the dcs.log:

2023-04-30 19:35:48.463 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main): DCS World simulation is taking 95.0% of CPU
2023-04-30 19:35:48.463 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main):  DCS GetWorldObjects is taking  4.0% of CPU
2023-04-30 19:35:48.463 INFO    TACVIEW.DLL (Main):     Tacview recorder is taking  1.0% of CPU

It seems that the latest OB still claims one core / produces to much work on the main thread to be handled. Regardless the mission, these values are typical.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same issues, from the beginning. CPU-0 is always 100%, main menu or not. My frametimes are also pretty bad in MT. Even the menu frametimes are a bit rough, jumping 85-90fps constantly even in 2D.

Here two pictures, first one is MT in VR, second one is shorter and 2D at 1080p.

image.png

Edited by Temetre

• 6 months later...

I'm getting this issue in the latest version.  One of my cores is pinned at 100% usage in the menu, and DCS intermittently becomes unresponsive and my cursor lags and stutters.  If I start a mission in this state it is completely unplayable and will usually crash.

This issue seems to be intermittent.  Sometimes if I close the game and reopen it, it's fine the next time.  It seems like it usually works the first time after a reboot, but usually does not work after that.

image.png

Specs are 12700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 4090.  Windows 10.