Different quality of shadows between cockpit view and exterior views

Go to solution Solved by pabletesoy,

Hello,

is it possible to get the same quality and definition in the shadows that we have in the exterior view (F2)t in the cockpit view (F1)?. In the exterior views, the cast shadows are very defined, but from the cockpit view they are very diffuse and even tremble...

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Previously I used to solve it a little bit by touching the shadows.lua file (which doesn't pass the integrity check), but now, no matter how much I modify it, the shadows are always displayed at very low resolution.

In the game's options I have shadows at the maximum...Any idea?  Thanks!

image.png

Edited by pabletesoy
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

It works again!, I think the problem was that the shadows.lua file is, besides in the path:
C:\Program Files "Eagle Dynamics" World OpenBeta "Config" Effects,
also in the path:
C:\Usersers Files and the file shadows.lua is also in the path C:\Program Files
and it was creating a conflict by having different parameters.

null

image.png

• Thanks 1

Noticing in your image you show above, that the "--high" resolution is different in the two files. 4096 vs 8192.

I have not played with that file (or have any experience with it) to see if it makes any difference but it might. Maybe a typo in the default section?

LG C1 65", NZXT BLD, i9-12900K, 32G 4400MHz, RTX 3080, WinWing Orion2 w/ F-16EX Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, StreamDeck XL, Virpil Rudders, Tobii 5

It works fine with 4096.  I don't know why, but Nevada has its own parameters. That is why there are duplicate parameters.

This file changes allows to visualize the shadows correctly at a greater distance, the problem is that it does not pass the Integrity Check.

Edited by pabletesoy

• 4 weeks later...