ModelViewer Crashes at launch - no log folder in saved games.

DragonSoulkin

So I'm at my wits end here trying to get ModelViewer working. To do all my livery editing I've been launching and re-launching DCS and viewing my work in the mission editor and I would like to be able to use the model viewer, especially in regards to getting .lua info for my liveries, but it crashes very shortly after launch.

Trying to research this problem I saw a few posts regarding Saved Games/edModelViewer2/Logs/model_viewer2.log  but I  do not have this "edModelViewer2" folder and creating it myself has brought no results, no logs are being stored.

45 minutes ago, DragonSoulkin said:

I don't get an error or message, it just plain crashes. The only MV folder I have in the path specified is edModelViewerTrunk.

And there's nothing in there, I guess? I have this one too. but it's empty.

I've just tried launching bin-mt/ModelViewer2.exe and it crashes on me. Is it the one you're trying? If so, what about bin/ModelViewer2.exe?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I haven't tried the bin-mt MV.

I did manage to get a little further this last time on using MV, managed to load an edm model but then blip, back to desktop without notice.

Could ReShade have something to do with it? I tried turning off all my ReShade effects and I disabled all my mods through OvGME, did a cleanup & repair, so far not much progress but it was something.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same exactly the same issue for about one year. I have 2 operating systems on my computer. So basically, I solve this problem by changing to another system. And I guess you actually have a crash dump like ModelViewer2.exe.xxxxx.dmp which saved in C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\CrushDumps\. And I tried to analyze the file with WinDbg. But I don't know a lot about debugging. So the only thing I got is this program called a function abort() in ucrtbase.dll (I guess?) and this function seems made to crash the program itself. Anyway, I don't get it. Maybe reinstall the system is the best way to solve that. But I got a lot software on the system. It's too complicated to do this. Hope you can find a way to solve this.