dcs-mt crashed when I use VR mode

cjyljhot

Me too.

Okay, so help me here.  I absolutely cannot run DCS in oculus api, nor can I run it using Link Cable or Air Link at all without instant nausea from 6 - 9 FPS.  However, I've been running Virtual Desktop ("Launch Game" from the tray), no Oculus or Steam, just OpenXR, for over a year now.  Superbly.  Even in the face of forum posts that claim Oculus Quest2 can't run OpenXR with VD.

Now I can run ST in the method above, and it's even smoother than before the MT version, which in and of itself is sweet compensation.

You may ask, "Compensation for what, CDR Krotchety?" Because MT just CTDs before the loading screen every time I've tried to run it in VD.  I've been able to get into VR by going through Link Cable or Air Link, but it's a slow-strobe slide show of a vomit-inducing nightmare. Whether calling up Oculus or Steam .apis.

I'd love to try the new multi-threading in VR, but it's gonna have to be through the Virtual Desktop, which runs VR great in the single-thread version.

Is there a solution? 

Rig:

i9900 Crystal Lake

nVidia Quadro P4000

32gb RAM

SSD

Quest 2 on Virtual Desktop, 5ghz wifi

dcs.log-20230318-211854.zip dcs.log-20230320-173351.zip dcs.log-20230317-153952.zip

17 minutes ago, cdrkrotchetyusn said:

Me too.

Okay, so help me here.  I absolutely cannot run DCS in oculus api, nor can I run it using Link Cable or Air Link at all without instant nausea from 6 - 9 FPS.  However, I've been running Virtual Desktop ("Launch Game" from the tray), no Oculus or Steam, just OpenXR, for over a year now.  Superbly.  Even in the face of forum posts that claim Oculus Quest2 can't run OpenXR with VD.

Now I can run ST in the method above, and it's even smoother than before the MT version, which in and of itself is sweet compensation.

You may ask, "Compensation for what, CDR Krotchety?" Because MT just CTDs before the loading screen every time I've tried to run it in VD.  I've been able to get into VR by going through Link Cable or Air Link, but it's a slow-strobe slide show of a vomit-inducing nightmare. Whether calling up Oculus or Steam .apis.

I'd love to try the new multi-threading in VR, but it's gonna have to be through the Virtual Desktop, which runs VR great in the single-thread version.

Is there a solution? 

Rig:

i9900 Crystal Lake

nVidia Quadro P4000

32gb RAM

SSD

Quest 2 on Virtual Desktop, 5ghz wifi

dcs.log-20230318-211854.zip 335.05 kB · 0 downloads dcs.log-20230320-173351.zip 180.58 kB · 0 downloads dcs.log-20230317-153952.zip 178.93 kB · 0 downloads

Your shortcut to run OpenXR is missing the second dash for each parameter

It should look like "Z:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat