[FIXED] A/G Radar is "non functional" occasionally

BuggsWorth

A/G radar does not give returns / does not map on some servers and some single player scenarios.

A/G radar page is functional when setting SPI's, can change modes and elevation, etc, though it does not map anything on the screen at all. On some multiplayer servers it will not map anything and on others it works perfectly, in the same vein on the "free flight" instant action mission it shows returns/maps the ground but on the "cold and dark" mission despite having radar power and off standby and off silent it will not map the ground.

On Hoggit's Mariana's training map after an auto-start, it maps as intended

image.png

On Hoggit's Caucuses training map after an auto-start, it does not give returns.

image.png

Radar will not give returns if any settings are changed such as the radar elevation, ranges, or the different A/G mode such as SEA or MAP, after slow repairs of the game the issue persists.

Edited by uboats

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] A/G Radar is "non functional" occasionally
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing I see in the screenshot is you are angled up about 5 degrees, and the radar is pointing at the 0 degrees offset, so it's also pointed up 5 degrees - try switching from SLV to SP and point the radar down at the ground. 

On 4/24/2023 at 8:33 PM, Napillo said:

One thing I see in the screenshot is you are angled up about 5 degrees, and the radar is pointing at the 0 degrees offset, so it's also pointed up 5 degrees - try switching from SLV to SP and point the radar down at the ground. 

Sorry for long waiting, I was away from computer. You are right, screenshot isn't really great. I will do some more when I will be able to, however problem was persistent throughout all sub-modes and antenna positions in A/G mode when in MP.

(I am attaching new screeenshot in edit mode. Plane leveled on autopilot, antenna depressed. Terrain returns do not render in MAP mode on MP server.)

radar 2.png

Edited by Fairey Gannet
Attached screenshot, not do duplicate posts.