Multi era cold war Germany map

upyr1

Yes, Cold War Germany map is arguably the most anticipated one together with Vietnam. But personally i think just one e.g. ~1970s would be ok. Changes in a decade were not that big, especially from flight simulator perspective. I would guess somewhere around 1960s all main NATO bases in Germany were already developed and functional, Berlin wall built. Civilian infrastructure developed obviously. Maybe two versions 1950s and 1980s at most.

Germany 2023 vs. 1970s are massively different and it would be huge turn off for all this Cold War scenarios, but 1960s vs. 1980s would be ok.

map-de-fulda-gap-3.webp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bies said:

Yes, Cold War Germany map is arguably the most anticipated one together with Vietnam. But personally i think just one e.g. ~1970s would be ok. Changes in a decade were not that big, especially from flight simulator perspective. I would guess somewhere around 1960s all main NATO bases in Germany were already developed and functional, Berlin wall built. Civilian infrastructure developed obviously. Maybe two versions 1950s and 1980s at most.

Germany 2023 vs. 1970s are massively different and it would be huge turn off for all this Cold War scenarios, but 1960s vs. 1980s would be ok.

map-de-fulda-gap-3.webp

I would like one for the f-86 and MiG-15.

• Like 2

Ah, the Fulda Gap.  Home for five years of my life.  Would love to see that map, and a good F-105D to fly in it.  Heck, even the old A-10 would be appropriate for late 70s early 80s.  

Alsfeld, the Vogelsberg, Fulda, Bad Hersfeld, Lauterbach.  Home, sweet home.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I would like one for the f-86 and MiG-15.

That would be great. But for F-86, MiG-15, A-1 etc. 1950 Korea map would be perfect. And some 1970s/80s Fulda Gap divided Germany for later Cold War.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, bies said:

That would be great. But for F-86, MiG-15, A-1 etc. 1950 Korea map would be perfect. And some 1970s/80s Fulda Gap divided Germany for later Cold War.

The Fulda Gap was the focus of the US's attention for over 40 years.  I figure a multi era Korea map would be awesome too 

• Like 3