Can't disable use_click_and_pan_mode

In Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit there is a file called clickable_common.lua, inside that there is the line use_click_and_pan_mode = False.   

Changing this to "True" adds a new camera mode that moves both the clickable cockpit curser and the camera at th same time, meaning if i move my mouse down and left, both the camera and cursor will move. This feels really nice as it lets you look around the cockpit and click button at the same time without needing to switch modes.   

Unfortunately there are a few little quirks that make it very slightly annoying to use, the biggest one is that it adds the mode, not replace anything. This is annoying because it means instead of a button to toggle between two modes, i need to press the button to cycle between three modes. It seems minor but its annoying enough that i decided to disable it by switching True back into False.  

Except changing it back to False does nothing, the extra mode is still there, i even deleted the file and even that didn't return it to the default. Please tell me there is a way to fix this without needing to delete the whole game.