Can't get my P51D to talk with Batumi airfield

guitarxe

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have checked in the map editor that the mhz frequency for Batumi is 131.00mhz. I set the radio preset for the aircraft channel "B" to exactly 131. When in the plane, however, with the battery running, I cannot talk to Batumi. When I press "\" and select "ATC", Batumi is greyed out.

Thanks I tried to disable the easy comms option in the options. This disabled the greyed out airfields, however the airfield is still not responding. I tried using Alt+\ as well.

The radio is set to REM, and Channel B (which in the mission options I set to be 131 mhz). 

Please take a look at these screenshots. One shows the radio controls in flight, the other shows the plane radio config in the mission editor for the mission I am flying.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Radio works fine when I try the pre-built instant action missions such as "Cold start Vaziami" or "Takeoff Batumi".

I think this must be something I am not doing right with the mission editor when I am creating my own mission? Is there maybe some sort of ATC configuration I need to set up?

Edit: to be clear - as you can see from my screenshot above, I have set the pre-defined Channel "B" to frequency "131 Mhz" in the mission editor, which is one of the frequencies that Batumi communicates on.

Edited by guitarxe

Okay it's weird. On the Normandy map, all this works fine. I tried with multiple airfields at different frequencies, I could communicate with each. But on the Caucus map I could not. Yet the pre-built missions for the Caucus map work okay... I don't know what's the difference.

Just tried my own Batumi mission, with radio freq and buttons set as you showed on your screen and the ATC responded without problems. That was on the ground, though, forgot to check in the air.

Are you sure the airport is set in the mission to your coalition colour? The second screenshot is too zoomed in, I can't see if it's "blue".

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Tried your mission and indeed, the ATC doesn't respond. I can't see anything obvious in the mission options that could cause such problem, but I've never created a multiplayer-mission like yours so I don't know how they differ from singleplayer ones I'm used to. Don't know how to help.

You'd be better off posting either in the general bugs section or mission editor bugs section of the forum - there are just more of knowledgeable people hanging around there, while this section here is not really good for bugs&problems reports.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.