TAC11 instructor hard break turn into my plane on final

Mermoz

For some reason he keeps doing a hard break turn right into my plane when on final and I request landing clearance at the end of the mission.

I'm 2 for 2 so far when the comms doesn't but.

I tried to tell him to anchor or to RTB before but no response or results.

We will have to take a look at that.  He is an AI so controlled by the game engine (not like a regular wingman that you can order to RTB).

It worked properly before so some recent game engine change must be making him turn into the player's aircraft now. 

We will see if we can order him to go Trail before he breaks away for the landing.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

for the behavior, it turn hard left as soon as you get the landing permission. as he follows right beside you on your right wing tip to wing tip... there is no escape when he does that.

Spoiler

from the few I saw in the mission editor (most of it is locked up of course) I'd say the issue is that he is set to follow the player till wpt 12 (on the ground) maybe have him stop following from the moment he tell us we can land (wpt 9 I think) 

also, the audio message for when he joins the formation plays as you cross wpt 1 on your way to wpt 9 back from the mission instead of when he joins you

can't tell you since I haven't been able to move past that one...

I didn't have as much of a problem on the 2 other DLCs I finished a couple of month ago. he was leaving formation at an earlier WPT (usually after telling me to land) or I could tell him to RTB on radio.

the few cases the wingman didn't leave formation he crashed beside the runway as I landed.

• 5 months later...

Our fix tested successfully and the updated files have been sent to ED.   Will post again when I know if the changes will be included in the next patch update.

Good news.  ED has added the changes to their repo so the fix should be in the next patch.

Edited by Sabre-TLA
  • Like 2

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 4 weeks later...