Clarification on the low detail & "free" Normandy 2.0 map

FoxxyTrotty

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but with conflicting information, depending where you look, It took me about a few minutes searching the forums to figure out why the new Normandy 2.0 map:

a) Appears as though I already own it, and

b) Is such a low quality mess (outside the original Normandy 1.0 area, on max settings - noneVR).

This is not at all a criticism, rather something I feel ED or Urga (sp?) Need to make clearer, and fast, in order not to lose potential sales (the last thing you want is Normandy 1.0 users flying over the 2.0 map area, on YouTube, saying "this looks a bit naff")

I think some PROMINENT official upfront note, perhaps in the in-game map info page, or homepage newsfeed, may help others, who don't always search forums or watch every single news update. I know I don't, I haven't the time. I came to the forum because I couldn't believe how bad the thing was I saw. In addition, my first 2 searches returned "basic stuff in the map is missing" and "it's a free 2 weeker that's been given". Both of these, as I understand it, are wrong, but I can see why people have said this, I might have assumed things much the same way, absence of further digging. 

Flying over London and Paris, obviously looks horrific below about 1,000ft - although the technology to allow people to fly over terrains they don't own, in a low quality mode is a great idea - it just needs making clear. Otherwise there will be people who thinks "this is rubbish" and won't buy the thing, as they might assume they're currently experiencing the product, as a free upgrade, or free for 2 weeks etc (after all, there's a key code!)

All that said, the scale of the city (London and Paris) is once again something new. Sure it's mostly the same handful of buildings repeated in most cases, that's understandable, but at least they're not just copy pasted at 90' intervals over and over into adjacent squares, but have a much more natural flow about them, that can be at any angle, and there's no obvious pattern like in older maps (IE same 4 buildings always next to eat other in the same order). This is a good graphical improvement, and being able to do a knife edge manoeuvres through a few well known structure, is always fun, and bound to dominate screenshots and YouTube shorts for a week or two.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.