How to upgrade Normandy 1944 to Normandy 2.0?

Fsea

NORMANDY 2.0 HOW ITS INSTALLED.

OPEN BETA ONLY

if you bought Normandy 1.0 but DID NOT BUY Normandy 2.0 you may be a little confused as to why DCS is telling you that you already have Normandy 2.0

Heres how it works. 

- Once you have installed the very latest update (2.8.4.39259.1), DCS WILL install the entire Normandy 2.0 map for you, BUT - You Wont be able to see the true high density Normandy 2.0 map that you see in all the perty  YouTube videos being posted. 

- You WILL see the Eiffel tower but you wont see a lot around it and as you get closer you will see a little more around it but nothing to make you say “WOW!” 

- When you visit the DCS site to buy Normandy 2.0 for 10 bucks you will get multiple warnings telling you that you already have it, and that you need to  STOP!!!! GO BACK, DO NOT BUY!!!

Ignore the warnings, pay the ten bucks and what will happen is that DCS will detect the purchase and “unlock” Normandy 2.0 in all its High def and High density glory. 

DONE! You now have a fully functioning Normandy 2.0 Map with all the perks 

Edited by Akula
  • Thanks 1
  • MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

DCS shows I have Normandy 2.0. But, I don’t see it listed as a choice when I want to, for instance, run a quick mission.   Is it embedded in Normandy, or what?

SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

6 minutes ago, TWC_SLAG said:

DCS shows I have Normandy 2.0. But, I don’t see it listed as a choice when I want to, for instance, run a quick mission.   Is it embedded in Normandy, or what?

SLAG

Yes, probably there's no name change, it's just listed as Normandy in quick missions list, but it's the new map if you have it installed.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Thanks for the quick response.

SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.