AI not attacking SAM sites

HR-Crumble

Hi all,

I'll try to keep it simple in explanation:

I have 2 hornets that are departing for a strike and I have AI EA-6B (MOD, works fine no issues) that joins up on them and follows them.

I then have setup as I usually would a series of radio triggers accessible through Radio Menu called "Go SEAD". The idea is that when I press this the Prowler breaks off and goes and attacks a specific SAM site set to RED alert and energised with its HARMS.

I cannot seem to get it to break off and attack that specific target, it does break off a but it goes for the nearest threat. I have been trying for about 3 days now.

I have tried many option sincluding:

Set jet to SEAD off and use triggered action to SEAD on and then ATTACK UNIT, also tried Search and Engage in Zone, ATTACK GROUP, deleted SEAD as task out of triggered actions and tried it with just ATTACK UNIT/SEARCH and ENGAGE Zone etc.

I have also tried a variation of weapon HOLD/FREE/DESIGNATE and I have also tried all the above with the ground attack option ensuring SAM is selected as target type.

Any help would be great. I have attached a few screens for ref - they are not all of the millions of different options ive tried fyi.

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4463.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

Hello Sir,

Tbh, i can´t realy say what you are doing wrong. Or even if. Maybe this is related to the Mod itself. What i can do is to provide you a few screenshots how i set up an AI flight (F-16C) that properly attacks a SA-11 site in one of my missions. Not sure if both actions (Search then engage / Attack group) on image 2 and 3 are realy neccessary, but this is how it works for me. Hope this helps.

F-16 SEAD 1.jpg

F-16 SEAD 2.jpg

F-16 SEAD 3.jpgI

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know about this mod in that case but some mods dont works properly as sead. Use it as CAS and the option "search then engage". U can select what kind of targets.  

Edited by impreza