Mission 4 seems impossible with new SAM kinematics

Hey there,

I enjoyed the first 3 missions of the campaign so far but mission number 4 seems absolutely impossible with the new SAM kinematics.

The SA-10 system will launch mere seconds after you pop up from behind the ridge which at that point leaves 16-18 miles between you and the target. As DCS Mavericks have a hard lock limit of 10 nmi even with perfect contrast, that leaves 6 miles of missiles closing at mach 4.5 in the best of cases.

Not to mention 16 nmi is very much within the danger zone of an SA-10. Combined with chaff and jammer being pointless in today's version of the sim.

This seems like a scenario set up for failure, is there anything I'm missing?

• 1 month later...
Hey there,
I enjoyed the first 3 missions of the campaign so far but mission number 4 seems absolutely impossible with the new SAM kinematics.
The SA-10 system will launch mere seconds after you pop up from behind the ridge which at that point leaves 16-18 miles between you and the target. As DCS Mavericks have a hard lock limit of 10 nmi even with perfect contrast, that leaves 6 miles of missiles closing at mach 4.5 in the best of cases.
Not to mention 16 nmi is very much within the danger zone of an SA-10. Combined with chaff and jammer being pointless in today's version of the sim.

This seems like a scenario set up for failure, is there anything I'm missing?

you can try fly really low, maverick style low, at 20/30ft the sa10 won't launch on you

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

You can also load Harms instead of Mav's, or give one of your flight members Harms.

• Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

• 4 months later...

Make sure you push at the time in the planner. If you leave a few minutes early, it's hopeless. If you leave on time, there's more friendly assets in the air, and I think the F-18's start flinging Harms that way.

-Ryan