Your AI flight won't take off?

So you just took off in the ***insert any campaign here*** and your AI flight members won't take the runway after you? They're just idling there? Or turns sideways and crashes into the trees?

1) This core DCS AI bug has been in game on and off for the past 2 years. I've sent countless tracks so that it gets addressed. It's time you help me out. If it ever happens to you, please record a track and post it here:

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/423-ai-bugs-non-combined-arms/

2) Usually they will eventually take off after 5-6 minutes, but not always. Worth a try.

3) In the mission editor I select 'take off from ramp'. There is no 'take off from ramp, but hurry with the takeoff', 'take off from ramp but make sure you don't crash into the player'. Just 'take off from ramp'. How the AI executes this basic task is core DCS code that I have no access to. 

image.png

This is why the AI team of ED needs to be made aware, preferably with a track attached, and this is where you can help. Please save a track of the event and report it in either the AI bugs forum section or the Channel/ Normandy 2 sections. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 3