[BUG] Main attitude indicator seems to indicate too high pitch value vs standby ADI and infobar. (OB MT)

Snappy

The main attitude indicator seems to indicate too much pitch, it overindicates by 5 degrees it seems. Either that, or the standby indicator is off by 5 degrees.Ā  But the standby indicator seems to agree with the the pitch value in the infobar.Ā 

Not sure, there could be several reason, the 10 degree intervall pitch markings on the main ADI could be placed wrong, the ADI itself could move too fast in pitch , or the standby indicator and info bar pitch show the wrong value. But one of the 2 is wrong by 5degrees.

The 3 values seem to agree when on the ground or when at 90 degree pitch up/down.

These pics were taken immediately after take off , so the standby ADI should still be reasonably accurate.Ā pitch1.png

Above the mainĀ ADI is at 20 degrees nose up, the standby ADI and Infobar show 15degrees nose up.

Below the main ADI is at 30 or 31 degrees nose up, the standby ADI and infobar show 25 degrees nose up.

Ā 

pitch2.png

The parallax error depending on viewing angle is negliableĀ  so thats not it either.

Ā 

Regards Snappy.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Snappy

Hi Snappy!
IMHO this behavior exists since the module's existance, and is worth checking!
I was just not able to find any thread about this ... :noexpression:

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1

Ā 

Its due to the lines on the texture not taking into account the spherical shape of the surface they're on.

It's fixed in my customĀ cockpitĀ modĀ šŸ˜‰

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

7800X3D | RTX 4070 Ti S | 64GB 6000MHz RAM |

49 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Its due to the lines on the texture not taking into account the spherical shape of the surface they're on.

It's fixed in my customĀ cockpitĀ modĀ šŸ˜‰

@SilhouĀ can you please file bug a report for this if it isnā€™t already tracked. Because the main attitude indicator is really a critical instrument. Itā€™s nice that Myse has made an unofficial fix , Ā but I would really like to see this officially fixed or at least have Myseā€™s fix incorporated by heatblur if he agrees . Thanks!

@MYSE1234Thank you very much for explaining what the reason for the discrepancy is&thank you for the effort you put into your texture mod!

Edited by Snappy

7 minutes ago, TOViper said:

Can you forward your changes to HB?

They're available if they want to use them. This goes for all my mods, I've made that clear to themĀ šŸ™‚

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

7800X3D | RTX 4070 Ti S | 64GB 6000MHz RAM |

• Silhou changed the title to [BUG] Main attitude indicator seems to indicate too high pitch value vs standby ADI and infobar. (OB MT)