Mission 11 Chemical Alley -Anyone complete this? (Spoiler warning)

Wow this is hard! Low level ingress 4 targets AAA Sams and Manpads everywhere! Did all my usual prep for low level. Memorised the targets studied the route to ensure I avoided likely AAA clusters. All good to go. Set Rad Alt for 100 feet. Ingress to target was scary, lots of gun jinking valley flying etc. Stayed around 80 to 180 feet max at around 450-480 knots. What a rush in VR! Steadied myself for the attack. Did pop up on target 1 on to two same but took a AAA hit. Still flying  and no terminal warnings so set up for 3 but didn't get the thing on the thing in time so dropped down for a go around and got told it was mission fail!!! 3 more runs and it was either terminal hits by manpads or AAA or mission fails. What triggers the fail warning on this?

• Like 1

Hello, First of all, I want to tell you that this is a great campaign. I agree with the first post of this discussion, mission 11 is really very difficult in solo. maybe an AI wingman would be a plus, for AA coverage and especially for egress... (don't want to spoil). Anyway, once again great job.

• Like 1

I managed hitting all of four targets (after so many trials) but got shot down by AAA as I egress while Su-34s were on my tail, which shot another missile in my tail pipe. I regret not engaging it with AIM120 first...

I am still trying but I totally agree it is a VERY difficult mission. I was able to finish Mission 9 after 30 or more tries and I am afraid Mission 11 will keep me entertained (and also frustrated) for a few more days. 

• Like 1

Hello, I have just tested mission 11 3 times since the update. It is really too complex. From now on, there is an AA which shoots at us between WP 3 and 4 and which hits almost every time, while I respect the flight parameters. In addition, target 2 is almost missed each time because of the trucks present in the line of flight. and let's not talk about egress (when we get that far...)
I think I'm going to put it down, because it's frustrating not to move forward.

• Like 1

Mission 11 Updates:

• Mission Fail - removed - you can miss targets and still complete mission, score affected
  • AAA sites moved further back
  • Manpad sites moved further out of waypoint route
  • Optional 'IMMORTAL MODE' added

Now in testing...

Edited by Looking Glass
  • Like 1

The tanker is moving away to fast, since I have to wait for the HMVV to move it took me the entire way to Syria to catch up in full burner, he towed me half way home before I got all my fuel 🙂 Also, yeah, ridicilous aaa precision and hard to hit the targets (are we sure the waypoints are accurate enough to drop on in ccrp?).

DS

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the work on this mission and campaign looking glass.  I’m proud to say I actually passed on the 1st try.  I tried to strictly follow the published speeds and agl altitudes from feet dry on ingress all the way to feet wet on egress and used the pull up cue in auto bomb mode to time my pop up and toss Bombs on the targets and then get back on the deck.   I got locked once or twice by a Sam site but never long enough to get shot at.  I booked it outta there at low level and made it out in plenty of time to evade the scrambled fighters.  The only issue I had was I would’ve liked to hit the tanker again on the way back but the tanker option was gone from the comma menu once I was feet wet.  I managed to get back with a max fuel conserve but it was too close for comfort.  Thanks for the fun but intense experience.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Looking Glass said:

Great work, sounds like you nailed it!

Mmmm, tanker should be available for egress/recovery stage. Will add it to list

I think this (AAR becoming unavailable) may be a bigger issue with dcs right now because it happened in baltic dragon's raven one campaign on several missions when I replayed it a few weeks ago and I know those missions were originally intended to have it available for egress recovery.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just did the mission- first time no probs. I didn’t select any difficulty, I’m assuming it continues as not invulnerable as default?

anyway- easily one of my favourite missions, really brilliant thanks.

The enemy fighters scrambled but never turned hot at any point so all all good. Wouldn’t have fancied 1v2 with sparrows!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...