New CCRP mode?

Go to solution Solved by ASAP,

Just came back to the A10c2 after long time, I noticed the CCRP mode has changed with certain bombs. E.g the gbu12 uses symbology Im familiar with, but the gbu38 has something else that I dont understand at all.

I have googled and tried to find tutorial on howto use it but cant find anything. What I dont understand is when to press weapon release. The old method was simple with that counter dropping down through the circle. But this new mode I cant wrap my head around it…

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

• Solution

Basically if the > on the left of the screen is inside the bracket immediately to its right the bomb will make it to the target. If it’s pointing at the bottom part of the bracket that has a bar the bomb will hit the target at the desired impact angle set in the profile page. The vertical steering line should be lined up in the center of the HUD frame (put your GBL on it) for best bomb range. The verticals line is a steering reference only though. As long as you are in LAR the bomb can get to the target. 

• Like 3

Why do you have the impression that the old method was easier? With the new method you still know exactly when you can drop the bomb - only difference is that you have a larger time frame to do so now. 

• Like 1