Ford Class Carrier MOD

Go to solution Solved by TeTeT,

OK so here is the Ford Class.

Thanks again to FuryNZ1781 for the Texture fix

ONE BIG ISSUE.

This version of the Ford Class may not be compatible with Currenthill's latest US Navy ship updates.

The Ford mod was working with the his Tico and Burke update before he "repacked" all of his asset together.

The Ford Mod is still working with the older version and I just had to remove the ships from his US asset pack and use the old ones.

I believe this is because I never really got his radar code modified for the Ford Class setup correctly.

I will sort this out and I'm only posting this version is because I had a couple requests to post what I had for the Ford "As is".

Please post any bug and fixes you may find and come up with here and I will try to update the Mod when can.

There are still lots of little issues, like the Sea Sparrow hatch covers operate backward 🤷‍♂️, catapult alignment is funky for some aircraft and can vary by parking space taxied from, etc...

But it should make a decent ai asset and it looks like that maybe even the player damage on takeoff issue is fixed. but I most likely have the damage message disabled🤦‍♂️

I will try and address any bone head download/install issue quickly but other update will come slowly until I can find someone that wants to work on the new model.

Enjoy

Tested mainly with ED F/A-18 lot20,CJS F/A18E, VSN F-35C and Rafale M

E-2 and Greyhound  can be used if some cases as well

Screen_240211_184758.jpg

Screen_240211_190154.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Beldin said:

OK so here is the Ford Class.

Thanks again to FuryNZ1781 for the Texture fix

ONE BIG ISSUE.

This version of the Ford Class may not be compatible with Currenthill's latest US Navy ship updates.

The Ford mod was working with the his Tico and Burke update before he "repacked" all of his asset together.

The Ford Mod is still working with the older version and I just had to remove the ships from his US asset pack and use the old ones.

I believe this is because I never really got his radar code modified for the Ford Class setup correctly.

I will sort this out and I'm only posting this version is because I had a couple request to post what I had for the Ford "As is".

Please post any bug and fixes you may find and come up with here and I will try to update the Mod when can.

There are still lots of little issues, like the Sea Sparrow hatch covers operate backward 🤷‍♂️, catapult alignment is funky for some aircraft and can vary by parking space taxied from, etc...

But it should make a decent ai asset and it looks like that maybe even the player damage on takeoff issue is fixed. but I most likely have the damage message disabled🤦‍♂️

I will try and address any bone head download/install issue quickly but other update will come slowly until I can find someone that wants to work on the new model.

Enjoy

Tested mainly with ED F/A-18 lot20,CJS F/A18E, VSN F-35C and Rafale M

E-2 and Greyhound  can be used if some cases as well

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArIUQEKgEWp8gfZMohe4Dw22BDVgCQ?e=OS4S2A

Screen_240211_184758.jpg

Screen_240211_190154.jpg

Thanks Beldin, Great work! i still have the old current hill us assets so ill see after i use his country pack and how to fix the issue

• Like 1

Hey Fury,

I'll message you the details about the issue later. It's possible that the Ford Mod maybe ok as I have used the Currenthill modified ESSM SAMs that I used on Ford on other MODs as well, an I've got a ton installed right now, 😂 But now that Ford has most of the major issues I knew about fixed AND acceptable texture😀 I'll look into it. I just recall when I added some of the new US asset from Currenthill I had issues and I'm sure it's either the Ford or another one of MY mods, 🤦‍♂️

Thanks again for your help. 

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

Hi Beldin, can confirm the mod works with CH latest US pack the rim162 fires just fine without the sensor file

ford2.jpg

Thanks and that’s good to hear. 

I’m curious how the Rim 116As are working. No pun intended but the performance I’m seeing is really hit or miss. They seem to either work well or not very good at all depending on the threat and angle of attack. 

The code is basically a direct port from Nimitz and the position of the launcher is about the same so I’m not sure what’s going on. But the 162 and CWIS work great in my test. 
Thanks again for the update 

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, OrdinaryPilot said:

What did you do to get the ships to spawn together? Delete the Ford's sensors? @FuryNZ1781

if its not already done, in the entry file comment out the call for the sensor file

-- sensors
--dofile(current_mod_path.."/Database/Sensors/USS_Ford_sensors.lua")

Edited by FuryNZ1781
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

if its not already done, in the entry file comment out the call for the sensor file

-- sensors
--dofile(current_mod_path.."/Database/Sensors/USS_Ford_sensors.lua")

Huh.. apparently it was already commented out, but the ships are still not spawning for some reason

2 minutes ago, OrdinaryPilot said:

Huh.. apparently it was already commented out, but the ships are still not spawning for some reason

Your definitely sure you have removed all of CH's old assets and have the asset packs ONLY?

7 minutes ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

Your definitely sure you have removed all of CH's old assets and have the asset packs ONLY?

Yes, and I do have mods from other creators as well.. but have made sure they don't contain the same vehicles/aircraft as the other mods.

Is there a log I could check to find out what exactly the issue is and, if so, what would I even be looking for in it?

4 minutes ago, OrdinaryPilot said:

Yes, and I do have mods from other creators as well.. but have made sure they don't contain the same vehicles/aircraft as the other mods.

Is there a log I could check to find out what exactly the issue is and, if so, what would I even be looking for in it?

Logs have never been really helpful for me, easiest way to find which mod is causing this is to just put in ch's us assets and the ford mod in nothing else and see if your units spawn, if it does then you know its one of your other mods thats causing it. then it just comes down to a matter of finding which one, i tend to add them in little groups at a time to weed it out

10 hours ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

Logs have never been really helpful for me, easiest way to find which mod is causing this is to just put in ch's us assets and the ford mod in nothing else and see if your units spawn, if it does then you know its one of your other mods thats causing it. then it just comes down to a matter of finding which one, i tend to add them in little groups at a time to weed it out

What a nightmare... ED really must hate us.

Why don't they make it easier to debug??

Does this happen every single update?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OrdinaryPilot said:

What a nightmare... ED really must hate us.

Why don't they make it easier to debug??

Does this happen every single update?

Yeap its been like this everytime. in like 2.8 they changed the way a-a missiles work and they were exploding on launch, had hell of a time fixing that one lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Linbei said:

Hi @Beldin

By chance I found that the Ford-class can not spawn in a group, if she is not the first ship in the group. This is tested with a clean install of DCS 2.9.3 with only the Ford mod. Not sure if this happens to you too.

CVN-78 not spawn in group.miz 7.78 kB · 0 downloads

Works fine for me

image.png

Edited by FuryNZ1781

11 hours ago, FuryNZ1781 said:

Works fine for me

image.png

Thanks for your feedback. Is your first ship in the group a Arleigh Burke, and the 2nd ship a CVN-79 Gerald R. Ford? This formation works also fine for me.

However, if your replace the first ship with another CVN-79 Gerald R. Ford, then the 2nd Ford-class will disapear. This does not happen to CVN-80 and CVN-81 from the mod.

Edited by Linbei

17 minutes ago, Linbei said:

However, if your replace the first ship with another CVN-79 Gerald R. Ford, then the 2nd Ford-class will disapear.

This does not happen to CVN-80 and CVN-81 from the mod.

twilightzone.gif

Edited by OrdinaryPilot

12 hours ago, Linbei said:

Thanks for your feedback. Is your first ship in the group a Arleigh Burke, and the 2nd ship a CVN-79 Gerald R. Ford? This formation works also fine for me.

However, if your replace the first ship with another CVN-79 Gerald R. Ford, then the 2nd Ford-class will disapear. This does not happen to CVN-80 and CVN-81 from the mod.

Yes i was able to reproduce this, seems like it dosnt like it when the ship gets replaced with anything but if you make like 5 cv-79 it is fine. odd behaviour but i dont see this stopping you from anything? i could place 3 gr fords then add a arleigh burke then replace a gr ford with a jf kennedy all in one group and they spawn ok,  just dont replace a ford class carrier with something else when you have multiple of the same ship i guess

Ummm, I've not noticed that.

I've had no issues putting all 4 Ford class ship in a group for testing. And I used I've used the Ford ships in many different groups without issue. But not sure I've done a mixed group with TWO Ford class ships??? I'll take a look. I can't recall at the moment if/what ship are "sharing" a single edm or if I copied and renamed different edms for each ship.

For the ED Nimitz class there is a separate EDM for each ship in the class. In "theory" the different ships should be able to share a single edm but maybe not 😂.

I've had the mod setup both ways but my guess is has something to do with this issue.

But yes the last update seems to have caused a few conflicts for me.

And to be clear. I have not fully tested the Ford MOD since Mr. Currenthill repackaged his GREAT MODS.

Any conflicts with his amazing stuff are totally MY fault🤦‍♂️

• Like 1