Ford Class Carrier MOD

Go to solution Solved by TeTeT,

Amazing Beldin !  very good job, would be cool having some other 80s  old Carriers like big E, kitty Hawk or so . A hugue ammount of work for sure,but we the community could even pay a tax for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toni said:

Amazing Beldin !  very good job, would be cool having some other 80s  old Carriers like big E, kitty Hawk or so . A hugue ammount of work for sure,but we the community could even pay a tax for them.

Many thanks. MOD will include all planned ships of the Ford Class Hull. With future weapons updates for CVN-80 and 81. And a few surprises as well 🤔. Most major systems/functions are working with AI. Working on player functions and results/fixes from 1st round of beta testing are up next. Realistically full public release is a month or two out but a public beta version(s) should be available sooner

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Thanks for this.  At least the Ford can defend herself.  But can she trap aboard Rhinos and F-35Cs?

Yes she can, well the F-35C anyways, If I'm remembering my aircraft nick names correctly I think the Rhino would be a couple decades before the Ford Class carrier(s). But all carrier capable aircraft should work. Mod was first developed for AI play (think Combined Arms). We are trying to add/test as many player features as we can now. We are shooting for a July 4th public release date🇺🇸.👍 Landing/parking is set at 16 aircraft right now. There's room for more I've just been lazy in adding the next 4-8 spots. We currently have the elevators disabled as we sort out some final issues with all flight deck operations. The way the game treats AI aircraft vs player is a little different.

Hope to post a early version of one of the release trailers soon.🙂

Screen_230525_144859.jpg

Screen_230525_145051.jpg

Screen_230525_145103.jpg

Screen_230525_145148.jpg

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Beldin said:

Yes she can, well the F-35C anyways, If I'm remembering my aircraft nick names correctly I think the Rhino would be a couple decades before the Ford Class carrier(s). But all carrier capable aircraft should work. Mod was first developed for AI play (think Combined Arms). We are trying to add/test as many player features as we can now. We are shooting for a July 4th public release date🇺🇸.👍 Landing/parking is set at 16 aircraft right now. There's room for more I've just been lazy in adding the next 4-8 spots. We currently have the elevators disabled as we sort out some final issues with all flight deck operations. The way the game treats AI aircraft vs player is a little different.

Hope to post a early version of one of the release trailers soon.🙂

Screen_230525_144859.jpg

Screen_230525_145051.jpg

Screen_230525_145103.jpg

Screen_230525_145148.jpg

Besides being the nickname of the F-4, "Rhino" is also for the Hornets (the latter "E" & "F" versions).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

1 hour ago, G.J.S said:

Besides being the nickname of the F-4, "Rhino" is also for the Hornets (the latter "E" & "F" versions).

Thanks, I kind of thought that was the case but was only sure about the F-4. And yes the MOD is testing well with both CJS and VSN "F-18" MODs

• Thanks 1

Hello Beldin m8,

I hope it's ok if i share this with you on here. At the moment .... guess who is in my town in Oslo ....???

The one and only USS Gerald R. Ford !!!!

She is so big !  4800 crew members are now partying in town 😅

RWC.

Ford 3.png

Ford 4.png

Ford 6.png

Ford 5.png

Ford 2.png

Ford 1.png

Ford 10.png

Ford 9.png

Ford 8.png

Ford 7.png

Edited by RWC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Early AI Take Off - Taxi Test Video. Not the most exciting video but if aircraft carriers are your thing enjoy

24 Spawn points

Standard Nimitz Class in background for reference

20 Spawn points

• Like 6

Sensor-Weapons test of all 4 (planned) Ford Class Carriers

Modern SAM and Radar systems modified with permission from Currenthill MilSim Modernized US Navy Ships Mod

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RWC said:

She is really taking shape and functionality !

Many thanks. I feel fairly confident we can make the July 4th release date as solid AI ship asset. We have most basic single player features working somewhat but none are were they need to be yet. So player features may be somewhat "early access" in Version 1 of the public release.  And yes "LASERS" are planned for the Version 2 or 3 update/upgrade on a couple of the ships 🙂👍

Edited by Beldin
  • Like 3

😁 You have a great notice of detail my friend !!  You caught it right in the center hahahaha, awesome ! 

I think, with all of this time and effort and work you and Admiral put in these assets, DCS should purchase your projects and pay you both for this !

I, for one , will be happy to donate or purchase these assets !

You both deserve the recognition !

RWC. 

• Like 1

Question : Will you be able to set a additional option for active CAT in the F10 menu, or CAT OFF/Disable option for this carrier ? This based on the previous spawn/population video you posted. 

RWC