JTAC in Multiplayer with Late Activation targets

Topgun505

I am setting up a training mission and setting up a JTAC that will lase/mark targets which are called up via a F10 menu script.  

In the FAC - Assign Group menu item in the Advanced Waypoints you have a drop down for assigning a target. 

Can this be left blank so that the FAC will target any hostiles within range and LOS?  I have multiple target groups that can be spawned in so just selecting one group would not be sufficient if I have to select just one to target.  

Also, is the FAC -a item still needed?  Considering the FAC - Assign Group item has all the same information in it (callsign, Freq, modulation)?  

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

maybe i missunderstood what you are doing, but if you want a task that allows for the JTAC to target different group, why not just use the normal "FAC" task? the difference between this and "FAC Assign Group" is precisely that the latter has the option to restrict to a certain group only.

In any case, you only need one item. Athorwise both would be active and JTAC would target everyone in sight, making the "Assign group" irrelevant.

If you want the JTAC to target some groups, but not other groups, the correct procedure is - i believe - to have multiple FAC Assign Group tasks, each with one group selected. Those task will "stack", so they will basically run at the same time, with the first in the list having highest priority.