Host appears on Server List - but then vanishes

Hi All,

Hosting a little server, and if I restart it, people can and do join. But after an unknown period of time, between 15 minutes and an hour, no one can find the server on the server browser. I am able to connect directly with the IP, but it seems to not show on the server browser.

If I go to my DCS profile, My Servers, I see the server listed as being alive for 9 days, or however long since I started it - but it won't appear in the server browser. If I click it in my profile, it shows as 'DCS Server' and never loads any details. It's as if the server is down. But I can connect via IP.

So as I say, after re-start, it appears. So not a port issue that I can see. It seems maybe DCS somehow doesn't ping it to see if it's alive after that. I'm worried maybe my router is stopping 'pings' from DCS or something.

null

image.png

Edited by SantasGolfClub

• 3 weeks later...

Simply don't leave the same mission/server open for this long time-span, make a restart at least once for days and it will be fine.
Our squadron private mission make one restart for a days and it's totally reliable, while other public servers restart every 6 hours.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Thanks for that! Sounds like a very good plan. Do you do a restart from the 'Server Settings'? Or is it a Mission Editor / M.O.O.S.E scripting it of code that triggers the restart? Would be nice to popup a "Hey, the server is restarting in 10 minutes" type message.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 6:27 AM, SantasGolfClub said:

Thanks for that! Sounds like a very good plan. Do you do a restart from the 'Server Settings'? Or is it a Mission Editor / M.O.O.S.E scripting it of code that triggers the restart? Would be nice to popup a "Hey, the server is restarting in 10 minutes" type message.

Actually I'm doing all the restart at a fixed scheduled time ( 02:00, 08:00, 14:00, 20:00 local time  ) achieved by a script that kill DCS server runs by Windows Scheduled Task. And a script that run DCS server in loop, so as soon as scheduled task kill the server, the other script restart it.

Since reboot happens every 6 hours, to have the message pop-up for users, basically I'm using standard trigger in Mission Editor,Time since FLAG with a FLAG that I put on at mission start 😉

It's not perfect at millisecond, but close enough to be reliable information for virtual pilots 😉

image.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!