Converting Black on White LCD character displays to White on Black - How to

lesthegrngo

If anyone is interested, I have converted my black on white LCD character displays to white on black(ish), you can see a before and after. I searched fruitlessly online for these 8x1 modules in white on black, and was always unhappy with the CMSC having the black on white displays. While not a true black background, it is way better than it was

It's not difficult, but it is a bit fiddly. If there is enough interest I will extend this with a how to

Cheers

Les

20230531_130450.jpg

20230531_131157.jpg

Edited by lesthegrngo
  • Thanks 1

• lesthegrngo changed the title to Converting Black on White LCD character displays to White on Black - How to

Yes, although it's not quite as simple as just putting polarizer film over the top, you have to remove what is there already otherwise it acts weirdly. Also I had to get a couple of types of polariser before I found one that was suitable, although as long as you avoid ones with mirror film or other treatments you should be OK

Les

• 5 months later...

If anyone is interested I found a very simple and cheap way to make the LCD displays the correct green colour.

It was as simple as some self adhesive transparent green plastic sheet from Ebay, which was simply cut to fit into the front of the LCD display. 

Finally I have the A10 CMSC displays showing in the right colour, which was niggling at my OCD!

Cheers 

Les

• Like 1