Do you want to get a fighter model from DCS world?

aiterial

To be honest, neither ABS nor PLA. Such fine things can be created much more efficiently in an SLA printer such as an Elegoo Mars. Especially since the parts are not subject to any mechanical stress.
If FDM then I would advise PLA because it is the easiest to print.

I agree, with a filament printer, you won´t get the details and smooth surfaces you would want from a model like that.
There are probably hundreds of plastic kits from different companies out there, I wouldn´t bother making one myself (unless of course you want to do it to practice your 3D modelling skills)

I don´t know why anyone would pay 300 $ for such a model, how big is this ? A Tamiya kit would cost a fraction of that and would be much more detailed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 9:54 AM, Eugel said:

A Tamiya kit would cost a fraction of that and would be much more detailed.

Well, depends on the scale. The Tamiya Strike Eagle in 1/32 scale is about 140€. The F-16 too. And then the additional PE parts... a proper plastic model kit can get expensive as well...

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

True, but still you´d pay half the price and get a much more detailed model (even without photo etched parts)
And if you go with 1/48 scale, you get an F-16 for 50-60 $

But I suspect this is actually a bot. His only other post on the forum was about 3D models and included a link to a shop that sells 3D scanners and this one has a link to a shop with filament...