Just had my first try out with the BF-109 K-4......................

11 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Congrats :clap_2::clap_2::clap_2:

Based on your last video, you can still improve it a bit. You remembered quite well to push stick back, unlike the first video, and centred it at the right time though a bit abruptly. It's not easy to learn, one has to practice it of the mission even, but try to release the stick little by little until you reach those 100Km/H. Releasing the stick at once might result in unwanted movements, even an accident.

But more importantly, how come you don't move your feet? like at all?? I see only some brakes usage at the very first moment of the run, but no rudder pedals at all until you're already airborne 😅 . Do you have take off assistance activated? If so, that might well be what caused you problems at first 😜 .

I've no Rudder pedals just the t16000m twist stick, I've mapped the wheel brakes to the 2 orange finger throttle buttons on my twcs throttle. The BF is the only prop so far the rudder, being so small and with a twist stick causes more trouble than it's worth so manage the TO roll with brakes. You can see in 2nd video toe brakes more clearly.

The first video just generally read a little bit watched a couple of YouTubes and away I went....did well to not crash on TO but not knowing about the manual to auto prop governor got  me soon afterwards! 

I did check the TO assistance as it seems to be reset to 100 % after every update, for me at least. All off and at 0%. 

I'm waiting for the right time to announce the new Virpil stick, throttle and pedals at 900 odd euros to SWMBO (not urgently required so waiting for the right moment)! Also waiting for another Virpil site wide discount too.

Also agree, more experience required with the BF but I have a good base now to work from, it can only get better?

Edited by Toastfrenzy

Didn't read that in your posts. Well, everything applies the same, obviously, it's just you got a harder time with no rudder pedals.

Once you got those Virpil you want you'll kind of have to learn again, but as said everything told here applies the same. You'll just have to adapt to your new hardware. Of course you'll get better :thumbup: .

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 6/6/2023 at 1:04 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

Yeah, forgot to tell you, but others already said. -1 nose down, or the whole way nose down is better to prevent a too soon lift off.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:25 PM, Toastfrenzy said:

Trim to -1

By the way Full nose down in a real Bf-109k4 was +1º 10”. (Positive numbers). In game the trim gauge in the K4 show +2º in full nose down trim position. The stab. trim in this airplane is a very old  and very know bug.

• 1 month later...
Am 16.6.2023 um 08:29 schrieb IIIJG52_Otto_:

By the way Full nose down in a real Bf-109k4 was +1º 10”. (Positive numbers). In game the trim gauge in the K4 show +2º in full nose down trim position. The stab. trim in this airplane is a very old  and very know bug.

Yes, the elevator trim of the Bf 109K module is wrong. It's pointless to rehash the whole evidence discussion here. Many, and some of them competent DCS users, have tried to convince the development team of this in long and heated discussions. They just got kicked out. I find it cheeky that DCS simply ignores data from original documents, video interviews with current pilots and veterans who have flown the Bf 109.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

First time for while in the BF 109 K-4 and I manage to take off, albeit a bit slow!
Depart from Merville Calonne airfield just south of Merville, France.

Out of interest there is still an in use airfield at the same location too, I checked the local area on Google maps.

Headed NW for the South coast of England, Dover area and then for Hawkinge to hopefully catch the RAF enjoying their 4pm high tea.
Had a little mix up heading home mid Channel then made a fast exit as low on fuel and maybe too far away from home base (55 NM)so
headed towards Dunkirk Mardyck (38 NM) airfield, no airfield there now that I could see on Google maps.

I probably could've made it home in hindsight. Now I know the distance I'll head home next time.

Edited by Toastfrenzy