Amazing Discovery!

You can now get TrackIR for just 14,99 US$.

All you need is a cap and some paper + a black pen or better a printer!

www.cachya.com it uses a programm to track your cap with a symbol on it. I already tryd Track IR at a friend and wanted to buy one but its damn expensive, 190US$!

Today i tryd the cute little programm from cachya and it works just as great as track ir. ok, i needed allmost 3 hours (no kidding) to set it up perflecty but now it works flawless...its just amazing...i. can look in all directions/zoom, pan my view...and lots more!

Try out the demo if you dont believe me

Sorry if write like its the best programm ever but it IS great! :D

• Like 1

Humm only cost me $12 for the free track already had the webcam. ANd only took me about 1 hour to set it up for BS. And just for your info the 12v batery I used lasted over a year befor dying off. :D

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I get 35 FPS without cachya und 30-31 fps with cachya, so its pretty light on resources.

I only get 8-15 fps in freetrack while i get 30-50 fps with cachya (webcam fps)

The biggest advantage is that you DONT need to buy anything for cachya...all you need is a paper + black pen. With freetrack, you have to build your device with IR LED and i cant do that stuff.

Again, you get an perfect working 6DOF in any game just by making a simple papersign.

If you have questions or want help setting it up than contact me via MSN or ICQ (on profile page)

Edited by Darkreaver1980

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought cachya and spent some time configuring it and I have to say I'm extremely impressed so far. I tried freetrack and fiddling with wiring up my own LED assembly and all, it ended up being a royal pain and I never did get it working. With cachya, I printed out the tracking image, put it on a cap and it was almost immediately working. Then I spent some time tweaking things of course, but still cachya seems like a FAR better solution than freetrack and certainly a lot better than paying $150 for TrackIR.

Anyway, having said all that, I have cachya working fine in the cachya app with the preview window and the sample 3D test. But now I'm wondering, what exactly do I do to make this work in DCS Black Shark? If this is obvious, I apologize for being a noob :) But I'm not sure what the missing piece is to actually let me feed the 6DOF data from cachya into DCS Black Shark.

Any tips?

I think I have the info I need to get cachya working with DCS Black Shark. See the below thread if you're stuck as well.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=40979

The basic idea is to enable the virtual joystick in cachya and then configure the view control in DCS to use the axis from that virtual joystick.