Cockpit integral lights still lit even when all light switches turned to fully off

JetCat

Hi pilots,

I have found a bug on the Viper illumination.

The lights can no longer be fully switched off inside the cockpit.

Please consider fixing this in some future update. Thank you very much and have a good flight 👽

DCS 09.06.2023 16_00_31.jpg

Hmmm it has passive luminescence like old analogue wrist watches? 🙂 Interesting I did not know that!

When entering the cockpit everything is pitch black, when starting the turbine and having it´s rpm rise to 61% these lights go on, even with all cockpit lights fully switched off. If it was luminescence material these lights for the panel labels would also be on without electrical power.

Lights.jpg

5 hours ago, JetCat said:

Hmmm it has passive luminescence like old analogue wrist watches? 🙂 Interesting I did not know that!

When entering the cockpit everything is pitch black, when starting the turbine and having it´s rpm rise to 61% these lights go on, even with all cockpit lights fully switched off. If it was luminescence material these lights for the panel labels would also be on without electrical power.

It might be ultraviolet fluorescence, where the material needs stimulation from a UV light source. Some of the DCS warbird have that as their only lightsoruce in the cockpit.
It would be somewhat plausible, that the Viper has a small UV flood as a low-power "always-on" light. It could of course also be a bug.

I'm pretty sure that what you see is luminescense of some kind, so the glow staying on after shutdown seems realistic. I'm not so sure about the startup... Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in on it?!

• 2 weeks later...