Can't connect to friend in MP (MT to MT) - is this a bug? Are we missing something?

Istari6
Go to solution Solved by Istari6,

My friend and I are attempting to fly a Liberation 7.1 campaign together in the new Normandy 2.0 map.  When I host the mission using DCS in ST mode, he can see it and connect to the mission (he's in MT).  However, performance for me is pretty choppy.  When I host the mission using DCS in MT mode, he can't see my server (says Offline).  

Is there something we're doing wrong?  Or should I report this as a bug in MT?

A few extra details:

• We've confirmed we're using the same version (lower right of HOME screen)
  • I'm hosting Multiplayer from within my instance, not running a Dedicated Server.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by Istari6

• Solution
So we figured out the problem. Since DCS MT is a different .EXE, Windows Defender was blocking it, even though all Port Forwarding was correct. Disabling Windows Defender allowed us to connect. We're good to go.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Istari6 said:
So we figured out the problem. Since DCS MT is a different .EXE, Windows Defender was blocking it, even though all Port Forwarding was correct. Disabling Windows Defender allowed us to connect. We're good to go.

It's better to add the MT exe to the Windows Defender exceptions instead of disabling Windows Defender entirely.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg