Review from a real warbird pilot (please fix the pilot modelling)

Agree 100% with the original post from motoadve - DCS is really shaping up extremely well in every aspect apart from pilot fatigue. It's got to be assumed the pilot on average would be mid-low twenties having had a few months previous flight training. Nothing special, they learned most of it on the job including fight for your life manoeuvering. Some of the negative G chuff i've seen in Storm of War in the past would've given the pilot an instant brain bleed.  

In my opinion what we have already is fairly good, but the effects just need to last longer and blur the vision much more readily, similar to the effects we have relating to the damage model, disorientating the pilot so they can't cheese it by stirring the salad with the flight stick whilst retaining perfect situational awareness.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Thanks for your post. I could find it so I just made a new post "Observations from a real fighter pilot" Thanks for the vindication. Since I retired I've logged flight hours here of exactly A Bunch lol. I have talked about the same objections and people discounted me. I knew it! Real planes cant do that stuff! (and your point the pilot couldn't survive it). 

A funny story; When my son was in the Civil Air Patrol, the squad went to the air base and they let the boys fly the real flight simulator. Everybody crashed, including the Ret. Col. and Maj. lol. They said its your turn Mike, I said oh no you boys go ahead. After prodding I said ok let try it. Out 25 of us I was the only one to land with all souls alive lol.

"Sorry Maj. Col., see boys all that combat experience don't mean much. I'll be taking over this squadron. For the lessons in the real plane, the col. can help you. But for the flight sim? You better see me because these guys will get ya killed! lol" 

Combat pilots ha, flying real planes... they don't what there doing lol. 

Those retired guys at CAP, the dedication and work they do with the boys and girls they are really great. My son went on to great success thanks to them. 

Cheers 

flygav

On 6/20/2023 at 1:42 PM, motoadve said:

Here is a video showing how arcade and ridiculous does it looks when someone tries to evade you using this tactics in MP.

Positive Gs followed by negative Gs and nothing happens, even if done continuously, pilot never gets tired and can do this forever.

All the fantastic FM fidelity wasted with the very simple DCS pilot modelling, which makes MP flying feel arcade.

People say DCS AI cheats, the DCS pilot modeling's allows this kind of unrealistic maneuvering, sadly fighting AI looks and feels more realistic, than fighting humans in DCS

Have anyone ever seen this kind of maneuvering in real WWII gun cam footage? Not even close.

I feel ah ah excuse me blahhhh! Oh woof,  oh there went my lunch lol. What gets me is the 109k4 can go from stall at 100ft to 5000 ft in 4 sec, over and over again. Can a F22 even do that?