Laser Guided Bombs Always Miss!!!

JOEM423

Im using the OpenBeta on the latest patch and practicing LGB's! I Disable Jester cause hes broken! I have the Laser set to Auto! When I drop on the designated target, The LGB seems to track the laser, but constantly misses by 23-30 feet! I was dropping on an IL76 in Area Track and it missed! How can you miss an IL76 with the laser designated in the center of the airplane. The IL76 was a stationary non active plane! Please fix Jester and the LGB's, Its getting really annoying! Buts lots of practice though!

Thanks,

Joe

2 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

Im using the OpenBeta on the latest patch and practicing LGB's! I Disable Jester cause hes broken! I have the Laser set to Auto! When I drop on the designated target, The LGB seems to track the laser, but constantly misses by 23-30 feet! I was dropping on an IL76 in Area Track and it missed! How can you miss an IL76 with the laser designated in the center of the airplane. The IL76 was a stationary non active plane! Please fix Jester and the LGB's, Its getting really annoying! Buts lots of practice though!

Thanks,

Joe

There is nothing "broken" about jester at all, I was using the jester to drop LGBs on Sunday with no problem. There is nothing for HB to fix. Were you releasing the bomb within the correct parameters, following the steering cue and releasing when the timer reaches zero? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

Thanks,

Joe

Really nothing to gain from this... I would say this is rather a user / skill issue and would advise to go back to basics and do things correctly. There are a lot of parameters to take into effect when dropping LGB on targets.

Before jumping to conclusions please investigate first if it isn't in fact a you issue

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ShinyMikey said:

There is nothing "broken" about jester at all...

He might have this report on mind:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

17 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

Thanks,

Joe

A track or video would be helpful btw.

Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E, F-4E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

8 hours ago, Jagger303 said:

Really nothing to gain from this... I would say this is rather a user / skill issue and would advise to go back to basics and do things correctly. There are a lot of parameters to take into effect when dropping LGB on targets.

Before jumping to conclusions please investigate first if it isn't in fact a you issue

i DONT THINK SO, Its worked in previous older versions! Ill try dcs INSTEAD OF THE OPEN BETA AND SEE HOW IT GOES! dONT HAVE A PROBLEM IN THE F18!!!

6 hours ago, DSplayer said:

A track or video would be helpful btw.

Heres the track file, Please let me know what I did wrong. The first pass is with Jester, the Second is with Jester disabled!

Thanks for any help

Joe

F14LGB_MISS.trk

13 hours ago, draconus said:

He might have this report on mind:

Heres the track file, Please let me know what I did wrong. The first pass is with Jester, the Second is with Jester disabled!

Thanks for any help

Joe

F14LGB_MISS.trk

4 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

Thanks for any help

Joe

F14LGB_MISS.trk 89.88 kB · 1 download

Thanks for any help

Joe

F14LGB_MISS.trk 89.88 kB · 1 download

Assuming the track is correct (which it probably isn't), you seemingly dropped a bomb severely off target like overflew the target then dropped the bomb. Do you mind redoing this and recording yourself with something like OBS?

Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E, F-4E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

59 minutes ago, DSplayer said:

Assuming the track is correct (which it probably isn't), you seemingly dropped a bomb severely off target like overflew the target then dropped the bomb. Do you mind redoing this and recording yourself with something like OBS?

I got it to work, I had the crosswin set too high, heres the hit track

F14LGB_HIT.trk F14LGB_HIT.trk

2 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

I got it to work, I had the crosswin set too high, heres the hit track

F14LGB_HIT.trk 82.02 kB · 0 downloads F14LGB_HIT.trk 82.02 kB · 0 downloads

Yup so good to know it was just a you issue. LGB are not smart bombs and require the pilot to take into account wind altitude and more to score a successful hit. I guarantee you when in the F18 you did he drop correctly and within parameters.

Glad you got sorted 🙂

17 minutes ago, Jagger303 said:

Yup so good to know it was just a you issue. LGB are not smart bombs and require the pilot to take into account wind altitude and more to score a successful hit. I guarantee you when in the F18 you did he drop correctly and within parameters.

Glad you got sorted 🙂

Thank you for the insight! 👍👍👍

It might be important to note that, due to a bug, the laser guidance is currently not tracking the object itself, but the terrain behind it. In most cases this wont be noticable, but if you are flying in a very shallow angle (or are trying to paint a flying aircraft or helo), this can have a subtle effect on the tracking.

The mentioned bug is fixed internally already and will be in an upcoming patch 👍

Edited by Zabuzard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5