Thrustmaster Warthog Issues Please Help!!

DevPreach

Hi All,

I've had an issue with my Warthog and DCS for sometime now.   I takeoff(using any module) and I go into an uncontrolled climb and cannot stop it unless I put forward pressure on the stick itself.   I've tuned all the axis and everything there and all is well in that aspect I have no need for any deadzones even though I do incorporate a small deadzone of 4 on my pitch and roll axis it makes it a tad easier for me.    Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Things I've done and tried:

1.   Tune all axis

2.  Do a repair on the game

3.  Uninstall the game and reinstall

4.  Remove the stick and clean off the contacts with compressed air

5.  Tried a different Warthog stick with the same base

All of this led me nowhere with the same issue

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

DevPreach

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Try the drop down "Show all Axis Command", and then see what else axes are bound to Roll/Pitch/Yaw and Throttle. Clear them all except the ones you want! DCS has a nasty habit of "autoidiotically" assigning any analog axis of all "new" controllers it sees to Roll/Pitch/Yaw/Throttle in a "common sense" fashion... all of them! Make sure you have one and only one axis of one controller bound to one of R/P/Y/T. Any time you plug in a brand new controller/mouse DCS has never seen before, it will again autoidiotically assign the new axes again... to all airrcrafts you have!

So, any USB device reporting analog X/Y/Z/Rx/Ry/Rz axes will autoidiotically be assigned to R/P/Y/T, respectively, all of them! So, you bump your desk, and the idling mouse would suddenly try to assert its authority over your roll and pitch. But from your PoV... you have no idea where that "unintended" movement came from! It might win some and lose some against your TM Warthog. Or, you pull on the TM stick hard, and some yaw authority would come from nowhere and then quickly evolve into an uncontrolled nose dive. Any combination is possible. All kinds of weird things could happen!

• Like 1

I have no other axis bound to anything else.   I've gone through all the controls before flying and set them up on their respective controllers(throttle, stick, and rudder pedals) and that isn't the problem

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X OC'd to 4.4 GHz on all 8 Cores, Asus ROG STRIX GAMING-E MOBO, 3XWD Blue 500GB SSD, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB PCIE SSD, Seagate 4TB 7200RPM HDD, GIGABYTE AORUS AMD RADEON RX VEGA 56 Graphics Card, EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 1000W PSU, THERMALTAKE VIEW 71 TG CASE, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS

Forgot to mention that 3 will never fix things when 2 doesn't work. Basically the same thing.
All settings though, are stored in Saved Games, so you might want to try to rename the DCS or DCS.OpenBeta folder under Saved Games, to test if it helps.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I use this: Joytokey

Once calibrated it's rather stable but I have had Trim issues mainly due to DCS settings, and it depends on the module itself.

With the Mirage F1 it's basically fcuked up, you spend more time chasing the trim than flying the aircraft at every little speed change and developers try to tell us that it's the same with the real aircraft, I exchanged emails with French AdlA members, this is not the case.

I use my Warthog in Elite Dangerous as well, never had any issues, the only little problems I find with it is that it is stiff as hell and I'm pleased to have it mounted on a clamp which keeps my fore harm level, not standing on my desk, and once screwed tight on its basis, there still is some degree of rotation play, it's not what one could expect from a product of this quality...

What you describe sounds like a bug or a broken lua line, you should try contacting support and send them your log files...

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

I use this: Joytokey
Once calibrated it's rather stable but I have had Trim issues mainly due to DCS settings, and it depends on the module itself.
With the Mirage F1 it's basically fcuked up, you spend more time chasing the trim than flying the aircraft at every little speed change and developers try to tell us that it's the same with the real aircraft, I exchanged emails with French AdlA members, this is not the case.
I use my Warthog in Elite Dangerous as well, never had any issues, the only little problems I find with it is that it is stiff as hell and I'm pleased to have it mounted on a clamp which keeps my fore harm level, not standing on my desk, and once screwed tight on its basis, there still is some degree of rotation play, it's not what one could expect from a product of this quality...
What you describe sounds like a bug or a broken lua line, you should try contacting support and send them your log files...

Interesting. Could you elaborate what benefits you have, and how you use JtK?

I'm not gonna argue whether the F1 is incorrect or not, while I have absolutely no issues at all, I do use 2x20cm extensions, no curves/saturation/deadzone. A little cheat is of course to be level and just invoke the AP. Especially handy before AAR, (one of the easiest modules TBO), and you'll be trimmed perfectly.

Warthog is way too stiff OoB, and it's not a high quality product for that price, thankfully got mine second hand. Do love the throttle though.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I'm not gonna argue whether the F1 is incorrect or not, while I have absolutely no issues at all, I do use 2x20cm extensions, no curves/saturation/deadzone. A little cheat is of course to be level and just invoke the AP. Especially handy before AAR, (one of the easiest modules TBO), and you'll be trimmed perfectly.

Warthog is way too stiff OoB, and it's not a high quality product for that price, thankfully got mine second hand. Do love the throttle though.

It's easy to install and use, you need a one life time license, a few quids.

I can map every single button except wheel slider on my throttle (!?!), there are 4 different emulation functions per key plus Special Key Codes, Keyboard Multi, Mouse and Mouse advanced, lots of ways to map your combo, then you can save your profiles.

I tried Thrusmaster own package but reverted to this one, I find it to be better except for the TWCS throttle wheel, also calibration is easy (basically the same than Windows) and stable.

JTK.jpg

• Like 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

3 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I'm not gonna argue whether the F1 is incorrect or not, while I have absolutely no issues at all,

I have two; trim not responsive enough (time lag) and excessive instability in the yaw axis, to make sure, I contacted some French Squadron which flew the F1, the Web Master, to inquire about those issues and they came back to me:

The F1 is a tricky airplane to fly at high AoA but nothing like constant Yaw movements and there is no issues with the trim. No argument there, they flew it from the moment it was available.

• Like 1

I have two; trim not responsive enough (time lag) and excessive instability in the yaw axis, to make sure, I contacted some French Squadron which flew the F1, the Web Master, to inquire about those issues and they came back to me:
The F1 is a tricky airplane to fly at high AoA but nothing like constant Yaw movements and there is no issues with the trim. No argument there, they flew it from the moment it was available.
Thanks!