Other Air Frames Want to Play

Recently, the strike eagle was finally released.  As we look at the airframes in DCS's pipeline of development, we have the f-4 phantom, Eurofighter, c-130, and a few choppers.  We know that the F-16 and the F/A-18 were used in different modules/roles when the Kola map is finally released.  The strike eagle teams would feel quite happy flying in the assorted landscapes doing missions and campaigns along with the hornets and the vipers. Can a special campaign be made specifically for the strike eagle and the phantom?  

Here are a few more questions and suggestions.  Can we add the red force airframes?  The migs and the Russian choppers would also be fair game in the Kola map.  In the map's editing, can the programs add the option for real-world weather feeds to be used and enabled on the map?  MSFS has settings that permit virtual pilots to fly planes using live, real-world weather feeds; the content developers should consider this suggestion.  Additionally, can ice and snow be implemented so that they have realistic effects on the various air frames?  How about adding the option to create realistic earthquakes?  The Kola peninsula does experience actual earthquakes.  Once the Kola map is available, any plans to expand it?

Mike Force Team

• Like 1

First of all, nothing is stopping other content creators from making campaigns with various aircraft on this map. That should answer your first few questions.

14 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

In the map's editing, can the programs add the option for real-world weather feeds to be used and enabled on the map?

This is more something relevant for ED than it is for a 3rd party developer. (And I'm sure it has already been requested) Someone also already told you this when you requested the same thing for the Sinai map.

Additionally, can ice and snow be implemented so that they have realistic effects on the various air frames?

Same goes for this, not really something for the developers of the map.

How about adding the option to create realistic earthquakes?

Personally, I don't really see how this would add to the simulation. I don't know if you've ever experienced a reasonably strong earthquake, but it's not that special. (And definitely even less interesting when experienced through a monitor/VR headset). Mission makers can simply create a post-earthquake setting if it fits the narrative of their mission/campaign.

Edited by EnzoF98
  • Like 4

On 6/25/2023 at 2:07 PM, Mike Force Team said:

The Kola peninsula does experience actual earthquakes.  Once the Kola map is available, any plans to expand it?

Only if ED release GBU-43/B MOAB with the C-130…. earthquakes will be on available on every map 🤪🤣🤣

• Like 1

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon